No announcement yet.

Creepshow 2 (1987)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked it, thought it lived up to the first.
    sigpic

Comment

I like 2 better than one!

Comment

Originally posted by wslyhnry View Post
        Thought the lake story was great (predictibale) but great! And how about that killing Indian.
        I didn't find the indian scary at all. Instead, I found myself rooting for it.

Comment

What did you all think of the scene where the bullies get devoured by those Giant Venus Flytraps?

Comment

I hadn't seen this movie for years, I remember 'The Raft' scaring the SHIT out of me as a kid. So i rented it not long ago...lets just say it probably won't be finding a place next to the original 'Creepshow' in my collection...Christ it was weak, the score during the last story ("Thanks for the riiide lady...") was fucking awful. I've got no hate towards it, it's a nice bit of nostalgia..but not in any way a good movie.
            sigpic
            "Chicken's good....I like chicken"

Comment

I like Creepshow 2 better. True it's only three stories long, but their all cool and fun to watch. No fillers like in Creepshow. Also the traditional animation through out the film is untouchable. Savini as the Creep was a perfect touch to the film. The atmosphere and music is too good to miss with.

Don't get me wrong Creepshow is a good movie, but Creepshow 2 is ten times cooler.

I remember watching Creepsshow 2 on video when I was like seven or eight. The beginning gave me the freaks. The Creep talking to Billy, the bats and music, and how the movie became a cartoon. At the time it was too much for me. I miss those moments now.
              There's a door to dreams
              And it always lets you in
              But with a silent scream
              All the nightmares must begin

Still you chase what you can't see
              Like death and pain and sin
              And the Shadow of The Wind

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio
              7/10/1942 - 5/16/2010

http://www.facebook.com/OfficialRonn...amesDio?v=wall

Comment

I love Creepshow 2 the raft segement is my favorite part. I love the fact the last 2 people on the raft and all the guy cares about is getting laid

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
                Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable

Comment

"Creepshow 2"....A fun and entertaining sequal. With only 3 major tales in this entry ...Part 2 still holds up as a pretty solid horror flick. Screen vets George Kennedy and Dorothy Lamour in Old Chief Wooden Head did terrific supporting performances. I felt so bad for their characters. Not to mention the guy who plays "Sam" is a babe who fills his jeans to perfection. The 2nd story...The Raft....is awesome. Very thrilling story..and i adore Paul Satterfield. Wow!! He played "Zeke". My fave story in this movie is The Hitchiker. LOL...what a damn fun ride. Lois Chiles was very engaging as the driver. She cracks me up as her character is yelling "I got you.....I got you......bastard" as she is plowing the dead guy over and over. Not much gore...but suspense and little shocks here and there make up for that I think. A very worthy sequal/horror movie.

8.5/10

Comment

With the exception of The Raft I thought this sequel was pretty lame.

Comment

Most remembered horror movie to date. I know now not a real scary flick,but The Raft freaked me out so bad, I was afraid to go into the water..Yeah flippin freaky. And the Hitchhiker has one of the creepiest scenes ever in it. and the Old Chef Wooden Head, was amazing. Watch this, yeah its not real scary but it is great work.

Last edited by destinie2loveu2; 10-06-2009, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CominAtYa! View Post
                        With the exception of The Raft I thought this sequel was pretty lame.
                        OMG really? The Hitchiker was awesome too.

Comment

I thought this was an awesome sequel to an awesome movie. The musical score was excellent, the acting was excellent, the special effects were phenomenal, and the writing was superb. My personal favorite story was "Old Chief Woodn'head." The only complaint I have about this film was that I thought the wraparound story was a major weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead1968 View Post
                            I thought this was an awesome sequel to an awesome movie. The musical score was excellent, the acting was excellent, the special effects were phenomenal, and the writing was superb. My personal favorite story was "Old Chief Woodn'head." The only complaint I have about this film was that I thought the wraparound story was a major weakness.
                            Awesome post!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead1968 View Post
                              the wraparound story may not have been that great, but i thought it was pretty good for a cartoon... i mean, back then, a horror cartoon was hard to come by.

i agree it's a good & worthy sequel. ...i have yet to watch the 3rd because i read it was from the makers of 'day of the dead: contagium" which is literally one of the worst films i've ever seen.

Comment

I love the raft... I remeber as a kid if i was swimming in a lake i would always look for that man eating oil slick.

Comment

Working...
                                X