Creepshow 2 (1987)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creepshow 2 (1987)

I didn't find any threads for this so here goes.

A good sequel, it was sad that this film didn't get the treatment it should have. With a budget of only 3 million and New World as the company, this film was originally going to be directed by Tom Savini and for various reasons, cinemaphatographer Michael Gornik was given the reigns. Also there was going to be 5 instead of 3 stories, "Bowlers, a tale about competing Bowling leagues, and The Cat that would not die", which was later added to "Tales from the Darkside"The movie".

The dvd does not have a whole lot in the special features deparment but a 30 minute KNB documentary was decent and the commentary by Michael Gornick and Perry MArtin is good, however, during the commentary, the 2 often and it gets kind of boring hearing about Tom Savini playing the Creep and how Stephen King specifically wanted "The Hitchhiker" shot in Maine.

All in all a pretty groovy dvd for fans of this kind of film.
    sigpic

Ive always loved Creepshow 2.

I already have the 2001 Anchor Bay DVD and from the sounds of it I wont bother updating to this S.E.

Comment

Originally posted by MATT PYTHON View Post
      Ive always loved Creepshow 2.

I already have the 2001 Anchor Bay DVD and from the sounds of it I wont bother updating to this S.E.
      You and me as well I got lucky and caught mine used at Gamestop.

Comment

I only liked the first story, the rest were boring and predictable. The last one went on way too long.

Comment

Sorry I got the titles wrong. I had seen this SE in stores over the last year and they wanted 25 friggin bucks for the damn thing. Since Columbia House was having one of their deals going on and I had some free movies coming I figured, what the hell.

Maybe one day we'll get a SE of the first film, one can only hope.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DevilJosh4ever View Post
            Maybe one day we'll get a SE of the first film, one can only hope.
            I'm definitely with you on that one man! I've been waiting for a CREEPSHOW SE since... forever.

Comment

They should just do a special edition with both movies together in a set. The first one was great, I thought the second was good but could have been better, Romero or Savini would have made good directors for Creepshow 2.
              www.myspace.com/brendan922
              www.myspace.com/workshedfilms

Comment

how much did you say it was ? 25 bucks i think you can get it cheaper at best buy for 15.99

Comment

I have always loved Creepshow 2 and still need it for my collection. Thanks for this thread and for reminding me about C2 again!
                  Buzzy's DVD's
                  http://buzzy.dvdaf.com/

- GOLD TRADER -

Comment

Very good sequel and the SE is definitely worth picking up. My favorite is a toss up between The Raft and The hitchhiker.

Comment

I do not remember which one I liked. If it was the first or second. The episode I really liked was the "Where's my cake" story.
                      Take your pants off

Comment

Good flick, but I still prefer the first one.

Comment

Thought the lake story was great (predictibale) but great! And how about that killing Indian.
                          sigpicpart of a healthy daily nutritional diet

Comment

Awesome movie. To this day I think of it when I see those weird patches of shit in lakes and rivers.

Comment

Definitely a good movie. Now here's one series where I wouldn't mind a new sequel. I think it lends itself well to one since it would be entirely new stories and the chance of it sucking would be less. As long as they didn't do a remake, that is. But I'd be all for Creepshow 3
                              Check out my horror blog:

http://www.noroominhell.com

Comment

Working...
                              X