No announcement yet.

City of the Living Dead (1980)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only watched it because Christopher George was in it. Otherwise, it's typical Eurotrash.

Comment

Well,e ven if it isn't too good, I'll still be checking it out, I'm just really curious. Of course, I'll try to get all the others as well.

My DVD's
      +5 Trader Status

"God has left the building."

Comment

Originally posted by CJ_01976 View Post
        I only watched it because Christopher George was in it. Otherwise, it's typical Eurotrash.
        Who says that's a bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by superfry View Post
          Who says that's a bad thing?
          i thought thats why we watch fulci anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by SkInWaLkEr View Post
            i thought thats why we watch fulci anyways.
            You know it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ashton View Post
              Dirty? Well, I'm sure the intestine-vomiting scene is pretty messy, so yeah.
              Yeah that, amoung other things...

Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

Comment

The ending scenes of this movie (in the crypt) are amongst my favorite of any of Fulci's work. Fantastic!

Infini-tropolis I the blood & the blade

Comment

The movie has potential. the beginnings of some very atmospheric and creepy moments, original deaths, and creative use of low budget prop effects, but it seems Fulci either rushed it or just didn't have the finances to take the movie as far as it could have gone. The ending was mediocre at best.

Overall an interesting movie to watch, and enjoyable.
                  KITTYSAFE.NET
                  Facebook | Website
                  | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

The 2 main things this film has is a couple all time classic gore sequences and atmosphere galore.Watch this movie at the right time and in the right frame of mind and you'll never forget it.

Comment

not one of fulci's greatest films but it has its moments.

Comment

Awesome flick! It's a nightmare brought straight to celluoid.

Comment

I haven't seen it. Most of the video stores around here don't hold classic films, only the ones that are pretty much recognized or have a SE. The Movie Gallery here doesn't have Day of the Dead or Dawn of the Dead originals.

Comment

Not Fulcis best but one of his better ones, and it does have some good creepy parts and like some said is a bit Atmospheric, but its still not great or his best, but its got some great disgusting vile scenes, but thats nothing unusual coming from Fulci.

So yeah,it should be had in every horror film collection, so get it.Its way worth it.There is alot of brain crushing, gut puking and plenty of violence.

Comment

This is a great movie. Ending is lame. But overall worth it.

Comment

I remember watching this years ago when it was called The Gates of Hell
                                sigpicOnly little things. Nothing. Seventeen of them, Father. The first was that waitress in Candlestick Park. I cut her throat and watched her bleed. She bled a great deal. It's a problem I'm working on, Father. All this bleeding.

Comment

Working...
                                X