No announcement yet.

City of the Living Dead (1980)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up a badly transfered video to dvd copy of this awhile back. The picture and audio quality were piss poor but it was only 2 euro.

I watched the first 30 minutes or so and turned it off, currently waiting for the proper remastered dvd to come.
    'When you can't run anymore, you
    crawl... and when you can't do that--'

'You find someone... to carry you.'

sigpic

www.karlhungus.com

What I've uploaded from my collection to DVDAF

Comment

Your pretty average Fulci outing, but I prefer it to The Beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by superfry View Post
        Who says that's a bad thing?
        Because it needs more than that to be truly successful. This one was very hit and miss. The Michele Soavi cameo was a nice touch.

Comment

Yessssssssss!!! Just won this movie on eBay, it's the double feature with "Don't Torture a Duckling.... I got it for only $7.50!

I'll let you guys know what I think when I watch it.

Now, I have to get a hold of Anchor Bay's "The Beyond" and see that also....

My DVD's
          +5 Trader Status

"God has left the building."

Comment

Originally posted by Ashton View Post
            Yessssssssss!!! Just won this movie on eBay, it's the double feature with "Don't Torture a Duckling.... I got it for only $7.50!

nice congrads.......

Comment

Thanks.

My DVD's
              +5 Trader Status

"God has left the building."

Comment

Nice grab man...let me know if you can find Tenebre/Inferno for under 30
                Assassins"Official Facebook Page"

Check out my NEW official website HERE.

Comment

That's a good deal. I remember when it first released it cost around $40.

Comment

Anyone care to explain the end for a second?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tool Shed View Post
                      There really is absolutely no way to make a concrete guess as to what the fuck is going on. I just feel like it was a "Let's end this with a WTF, EVERYONE IS HORRIFIED" moment. I mean, it can't end on a positive note, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
                        There really is absolutely no way to make a concrete guess as to what the fuck is going on. I just feel like it was a "Let's end this with a WTF, EVERYONE IS HORRIFIED" moment. I mean, it can't end on a positive note, eh?
                        Yeah, creating a comprehensible plot wasn't Fulci's forte, especially for the 'Gothic Trilogy'. In creating extraordinarily creepy atmospheres and a lot of 'what the fucks', he was the best.

Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

Comment

Originally posted by Tool Shed View Post
                          I don't remember exactly,but there was an uncorrectable scratch on the film near the end and Fulci, didn't have enough time/money to reshoot it and just basically said "fuck it" and they did the spider web-like glass cracking effect when the kid is running towards MacColl & George to cover up the scratch.I think Fulci might have said the kid was supposed to be a zombie originally.
                          Last edited by superfry; 04-12-2007, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I already knew no one was going to have a real answer. I was just interested in seeing what you'd come up with. It was great but like some have already mentioned, you have to kind of throw out all your expectations for any kind of story.
                            sigpic

Comment

Other than a few gore spots I didnt care for this. Ive only watched 3 Fulci films and this was by far the worst.

Comment

I'm one of the few who actually preferred House by the Cemetery to this.

Comment

Working...
                                X