No announcement yet.

Frogs (1972)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Frogs"....This 1972 classic chiller is an alltime old fave and one I grew up with. This movie used to come on late at night on the weekends on the Scream Theatre horror movie marathon. Sam Elliot is absolutely HOT in here. HHmm..what a body. Looks GREAT in jeans (bulge and ass) and shirtless too(the hairy chest/navel). Yummy!! This movie also gives me the creeps at times with all the snakes,tarantulas,lizards,etc! Yuck!! The death scenes were both suspenseful and over the top..which adds to the the movie. This is suppose to be an entertaining little horror flick about "revenge" on humans. The cast was relatively strong for the most part and the movie is also filled with handsome men. Which I like. Nice direction,good death scenes, and fine performances highlight this movie.

8/10

Comment

I would rate this movie a 6.5/10

I also agree with the above poster about sam elliot.

Comment

Originally posted by RomeroCarpenter Fan View Post
        I would rate this movie a 6.5/10

I also agree with the above poster about sam elliot.
        I know,eh? LOVE all that chest and navel hair!! HHHMMMMM!!

Comment

i probably haven't seen this in 15 years, but i remember it scared the hell out of me when i was a little kid

Comment

I've always wanted to see this, but kinda forgot about it. Just added it to my Netflix Queue along with Squirm & Night of the Lepus after reading the earlier posts and looking them up. I like my movies with extra cheese.

Also if you like animal revenge movies I saw one recently that was OK. It was called Nature's Grave and it's a remake of an older movie called Long Weekend. I still need to see the original.
            sigpic

Comment

It's a shame this film's getting a bad review, I was quite hoping to see good reviews. The title, the year and the subject matter say it all. Shame it wasn't made to the quality which would have made this film great!
              Tonight... You!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisoncrack View Post
                It's a shame this film's getting a bad review, I was quite hoping to see good reviews. The title, the year and the subject matter say it all. Shame it wasn't made to the quality which would have made this film great!
                Bad review? HHmm..check my review on it. I love this movie!! It's not for everyone..but to me it's a top notch classic chiller!!

Comment

"Frogs"....This 1972 classic chiller is an alltime old fave and one I grew up with. This movie used to come on late at night on weekends on the Scream Theatre horror movie marathon. Sam Elliot is absolutely HOT in here. HHmm..what a body. Looks GREAT in jeans (bulge and ass) and shirtless too(the hairy chest/navel). Yummy!! This movie also gives me the creeps at times with all the snakes,tarantulas,lizards,etc! Yuck!! The death scenes were both suspenseful and over the top..which adds to the the movie. This is suppose to be an entertaining little horror flick about nature's "revenge" on humans. The cast was relatively strong( some more than others) for the most part and the movie is also filled with handsome men. Which I like. Nice direction,good death scenes, thrills, and wonderful scenery are all nicely added to the movie.

8/10

Comment

I'd forgotten all about this gem. They used to show it on Creature Feature. Same vein as Night of the Lepus
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrisoncrack View Post
                      I think it was very well made for that time of year and subject matter. it isn't for everyone but it is classic and deserves a shot. judge for yourself.

Comment

I'd didn't care for this one, pretty bad.

Comment

frogs is such a beautiful, wonderful movie. first, the animals--giant marine toads, alligatos, tarantulas, lizards, snakes--are gorgeous, and the notion that they would sort of gather as a species would gather together to gang kill a bunch of good ole fashion southern gentry is a wonderful idea. sam elliot is great, and ray milland is at his kooky best. from the wonderful opening establishing shots of the various casulties throughout the lush, verdant swamp, to the satisfying, righteous vengeance meted out bysaid denizens, frogs is a smart, delightful little movie with a relevant message, and satisfying execution.

so na-nanny-boo-boo to y'all haters...
                          2015 song draft

the cramps - surfin dead
                          rob zombie - living dead girl
                          public image limited - the order of death
                          L7 - pretend we're dead
                          michale graves - dawn of the dead
                          patti smith - dead to the world
                          the pixies - dead
                          bukka white- fixin to di blues
                          omd - forever (live and die)
                          bif naked - i died

Comment

Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                            frogs is such a beautiful, wonderful movie. first, the animals--giant marine toads, alligatos, tarantulas, lizards, snakes--are gorgeous, and the notion that they would sort of gather as a species would gather together to gang kill a bunch of good ole fashion southern gentry is a wonderful idea. sam elliot is great, and ray milland is at his kooky best. from the wonderful opening establishing shots of the various casulties throughout the lush, verdant swamp, to the satisfying, righteous vengeance meted out bysaid denizens, frogs is a smart, delightful little movie with a relevant message, and satisfying execution.

so na-nanny-boo-boo to y'all haters...
                            LOL...I love it!!

Comment

"Frogs"....This 1972 classic gothic chiller is an alltime old fave and one I grew up with. This movie used to come on late at night on weekends on the Scream Theatre horror movie marathon. Sam Elliot is absolutely HOT in here. HHmm..what a body. Looks GREAT in jeans (bulge and ass) and shirtless too(the hairy chest/navel). Yummy!! This movie also gives me the creeps at times with all the snakes, tarantulas, lizards, etc! Yuck!! The death scenes are both suspenseful and over the top..which adds wonderfully to the the movie. This is suppose to be an entertaining little horror flick about nature's "revenge" on humans. The cast was relatively strong( some more than others) for the most part and the movie is also filled with alot of handsome men, which I like. Good direction, thrills, good death scenes, creepy atmosphere, and wonderful scenery add nicely to the film. Good stuff!!

8/10

Comment

As great movie posters go this film is amazing! Its a shame it featured no actual killer man eating frogs but idea the film did present was interesting enough.

I'm surprised by the hate here. I wouldn't call this a brilliant film but I do find it kind of charming.

Comment

Working...
                                X