Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
    http://www.thestranger.com/suggests/2013/04/10

Never can put anything past Kubrick but not sure I buy this one. No way I'd pay 11 dollars to find out.
    I watched the documentary Room 237 the other day and they show most of the great things that came out of the forward/backward experiment.

Check the documentary out.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
      I watched the documentary Room 237 the other day and they show most of the great things that came out of the forward/backward experiment.

Have it in my Netflix saved queue although if it doesn't get released soon I'll resort to other devious ways..... I gotta admit I enjoyed watching The Wizard of Oz with Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon playing.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
        Have it in my Netflix saved queue although if it doesn't get released soon I'll resort to other devious ways..... I gotta admit I enjoyed watching The Wizard of Oz with Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon playing.
        I've always wanted to do that. Does it really sync up ?

Comment

...aaand downloading now. Finally.
          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

That was all pretty silly, considering any given scene in any given movie is typically centered so that curious overlaps will occur. There ARE however some very eerie things involving the geometric patterns in the carpets.

Comment

• "The Shining (1980)"......The first epic horror film and one of the best. The cast is pretty good(for the most part) with their performances. Jack Nicholson is good. Very campy, over the top, and fake in a few parts...and then terrific in others. The same could be said for Shelley Duvall. Not the prettiest woman in cinema, but she did good in the role. Supporting turns by Scatman Crothers and little Danny Lloyd(Danny) are both wonderful. Very fine performances by them. The music score is thrilling, haunting, and eerie. Awesome set designs and solid direction by Stanley Kubrick also highlight. Love all the ghostly visions. A top notch ghostly time warp horror movie!

9/10

Comment

• I think The Shining might be my favourite "classic" horror film.

It could be The Exorcist, but I think The Shining edges it for me!
                ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• I've really been wanting to see room 237. The Shining is one of my all time favorites it truely is a classic in horror cinema and outside of the horror culture. I'm curious to see what develops after the release of Stephen kings new Shining novel, I'm sure a movie will follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by munster View Post
                    I've really been wanting to see room 237. The Shining is one of my all time favorites it truely is a classic in horror cinema and outside of the horror culture. I'm curious to see what develops after the release of Stephen kings new Shining novel, I'm sure a movie will follow.
                    It's an alright documentary, some of the theories are really stretching it and silly but entertaining nonetheless.

Wait, with the Overlook Hotel is it a new story, movie, or television series and how much involvement does King have in it?
                    “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginobili View Post
                      ....Wait, with the Overlook Hotel is it a new story, movie, or television series and how much involvement does King have in it?
                      http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...-doctor-sleep/

Comment

• Finally watched the documentary today.

It had some interesting theories but it was just "meh"

Comment

• I thought Room 237 was ridiculously well made and interesting. Sure the theories are stupid but not liking the doc because of that is kind of a "shoot the messenger" type of reaction. I think the whole point of 237 was to show how much Kubrick and his films have effected people and the strange things that people can take out of his art.

I love it a lot.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                            Finally watched the documentary today.

It had some interesting theories but it was just "meh"
                            Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                            I thought Room 237 was ridiculously well made and interesting. Sure the theories are stupid but not liking the doc because of that is kind of a "shoot the messenger" type of reaction.
                            I don't think they were stupid at all, at least some of them. Some were pretty far-fetched, but Kubrick would have been able to put that meaning even then behind those scenes.
                            It was all in all a great doc.
                            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa View Post
                              I don't think they were stupid at all, at least some of them. Some were pretty far-fetched, but Kubrick would have been able to put that meaning even then behind those scenes.
                              Yeah, as far-fetched as the theories may be, it just goes to prove that great cinema gets people thinking and looking for details that may or may not be there... It's all about love for the art and those people love it enough to analyze this movie in some very interesting ways.

Also... some of the things they point out in Room 237 kind of blow my mind... Next time I watch it I will have my eyes open as widely as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa View Post
                                I mean he could have done some things but I couldn't really take any of the theories seriously. The Native American & Holocaust theories seems the most plausible but they are seriously reaching on those ones as well. I haven't done any real research on anything that was presented in the film that wasn't in the film so maybe I would change my opinion If I actually did some but as it stands I didn't really feel like any of the people's claims held any weight.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                                I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X