No announcement yet.

The Shining (1980)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shining is in my top 3 alltime favorite horror list (along with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Session 9).

You should definitely watch it asap!

Comment

"HERE'S JOHNNY!" One of the true greats of horror history. Its brilliantly made and, although it didn't stay true to the book (but how many adaptations actually do anyway?), its still incredibly chilling. You aren't a horrible person for not watching it... as long as you rent it... soon.
      Out of my sight, thou dost infect my eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Kupotek View Post
        I'm not surprised Dobe doesn't like it
        That's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ_01976 View Post
          That's a good thing.
          Thanks for the support
          KITTYSAFE.NET
          Facebook | Website
          | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

Originally posted by ValkyrieSpector View Post
            No, the original Shining sucks terribly. How it ever made the status it did is beyond me.
            Are you fucking insane!?!!?!? We're talking about the same film here right!?!?!? Nickleson "Here's Johnny" ??!??!

Comment

Must have confused the original with the remake. The redux didn't have a chance with Mick Garris behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamkiller666 View Post
                Are you fucking insane!?!!?!? We're talking about the same film here right!?!?!? Nickleson "Here's Johnny" ??!??!
                That line is so overrated. How about Nicholson mocking his wife: "IS IT POSSSABAALL?"

Comment

I prefer Chucky's version: "I can't think of a thing to say, Fuck It!"

Comment

I'm shocked the book was so big, it was a boring read.
                    Pffft. You know nothing about literature then. The Shining is King's best work...and in the twentieth century, likely the best thing to ever profile a protagonists' descent into madness. I pity you for knowing nothing about modern literature.

Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenandtwisted View Post
                      Pffft. You know nothing about literature then. The Shining is King's best work...and in the twentieth century, likely the best thing to ever profile a protagonists' descent into madness. I pity you for knowing nothing about modern literature.
                      Omg Broken just said something I completely agree with... am I doomed???

KITTYSAFE.NET
                      Facebook | Website

Comment

Originally posted by Kupotek View Post
                        Omg Broken just said something I completely agree with... am I doomed???

Nope...I'm up-to-par with literature.

Comment

No, some people are just late bloomers. I didn't see several well known films until just recently myself. In fact, I still have never seen any of The Godfather or American Pie movies.
                          No GODFATHERs?

Duuuuuuude......

Knowing you though you'll probably think they're boring.

AMERICAN PIE is probably more your speed.

No offense.
                          Last edited by superfry; 04-30-2007, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenandtwisted View Post
                            Agreed (though, on a personal level, I enjoyed Misery just as much). King is a mediocre writer; his ideas are great but the executions are something else, and his endings are, for the most part, either completely incongrous or nonexistent, but The Shining is a stunning example of King at his finest... bring back those days, please.

Comment

I watched the Godfather series fairly late as well. Mostly because the first part i saw was 3 and it turned me off to the series for years.

I watched Godfather 1 and 2 about 10 years ago though and by the end I knew why they were considered the masterpieces that they are; it's warranted.

Definitely watch Godfather 1 and 2
                              KITTYSAFE.NET
                              Facebook | Website

Comment

Originally posted by mcilroga View Post
                                Agreed (though, on a personal level, I enjoyed Misery just as much). King is a mediocre writer; his ideas are great but the executions are something else, and his endings are, for the most part, either completely incongrous or nonexistent, but The Shining is a stunning example of King at his finest... bring back those days, please.
                                Yeah...
                                1. The Shining
                                2. Misery
                                3. Pet Semetary

I like them...because they all have to do with insanity and the execution is great. Aside from them and a few select short stories...I don't like Stephen King as an author.

Comment

Working...
                                X