The Shining (1980)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
    Also... some of the things they point out in Room 237 kind of blow my mind... Next time I watch it I will have my eyes open as widely as possible.
    It felt almost a bit horror-ish, watching all these stuff he "incorporated" in the film.
    I am not into conspiracy theory shit at all, but this felt different.

Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
    I haven't done any real research on anything that was presented in the film that wasn't in the film so maybe I would change my opinion If I actually did some but as it stands I didn't really feel like any of the people's claims held any weight.
    I think the producers were researching a lot to backup their (admittedly) mind-boggling theories and those researches were presented in the doc as well. I give them credit to that, otherwise I wouldn't pay attention to it at all, condemning the whole film as hokuspokus from wannabe Kubrick nerds who believe that they unraveled the mystery of his mindset.

They won't, no one will.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
      Next time I watch it I will have my eyes open as widely as possible.
      I see what you did there m8

Originally posted by Santa View Post
      I think the producers were researching a lot to backup their (admittedly) mind-boggling theories and those researches were presented in the doc as well. I give them credit to that, otherwise I wouldn't pay attention to it at all, condemning the whole film as hokuspokus from wannabe Kubrick nerds who believe that they unraveled the mystery of his mindset.

They won't, no one will.
      True dat

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]Y16uKeTuBWQ[/YOUTUBE]

DVDs

Recent Flicks
        Jurassic World - 7/10
        Speed - 8.5/10
        John Wick - 9.5/10
        The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
          [YOUTUBE]Y16uKeTuBWQ[/YOUTUBE]
          I love when he swings the axe.

Comment

• Room 237 was aight. I didn't like how they just took other people documentaries that were already made, and just used little snippets from them, for their own.

The moon landing shit is really something... This is documentary that the moon landing footage in Room 237 is from. Seriously, check it out, it's a good watch.

http://nemesistv.info/video/HO3SMWSX...ubrick-part-1#

Comment

• http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/773...tary-room-237/

Comment

• My lcal cinema showed this on Halloween night. It was such a privilege to see it
                ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Stephen King is an idiot

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                    Stephen King is an idiot

Comment

• No need for the facepalm Freddy. He's my favorite writer (I own over 50 of his books), and I acknowledge that he's one of the best to ever pick up a pen.

Just don't see how he can be so stupid. 90% of the film adaptions of his shit are terrible, yet he still takes issue with The Shining? Ridiculous.

Comment

Stephen King is an idiot

Comment

No need for the facepalm Freddy. He's my favorite writer (I own over 50 of his books), and I acknowledge that he's one of the best to ever pick up a pen.

Just don't see how he can be so stupid. 90% of the film adaptions of his shit are terrible, yet he still takes issue with The Shining? Ridiculous.
                          It butchers the source material.

Any fucking writer would be mad about it.

Comment

• Not only that, but The Shining was pretty personal to King. The bouts over alcoholism in it and Doctor Sleep pretty much seem like massive therapy based on King's personal struggles. I'm not saying I agree with King that The Shining is a bad movie. It most definitely is NOT a bad movie. Hell, it's a fuckin AMAZING movie(though, it's Kubrick, what did you expect?). What I'm saying is, it's not hard to empathize with King's feelings regarding the way the adaptation was handled. Most writers tend to believe they know what parts are important within their own stories, and if an adaptation skews those "messages", regardless of how good the movie is(based on the structure and form of cinema), it's not a good adaptation regardless. But then again, a movie adaptation of a book doesn't HAVE to be a good adaptation to be a good movie.

Comment

Working...
                            X