No announcement yet.

Terror Train (1980)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This movie's one of my favorites, mostly for the big killer reveal near the end. Plus, the constantly moving train set was pretty nice.

Comment

I love this classic thriller. I need to get it on dvd soon. Anyone know if the picture quality is alot better than the vhs releases?

Comment

for some reason I never got into this movie the first time I watched it but that was a long long time ago, I watched it a couple years ago an I love it now really fun movie to watch!

http://www.facebook.com/ArtofTypH

http;//www.twitter.com/BrianTyphair

Comment

i f'n love this movie...classic JLC "scream screen" stuff..
          the mask is creepy and freaked me the hell out..

a few years back i paid $50 for a used VHS copy of this on ebay because they hadn't released it on DVD at that time..

Comment

This movie could really have used gratuitous T&A.

Comment

Gotta love JLC...

Originally posted by Dr. Tease View Post
              This movie could really have used gratuitous T&A.
              Well, unfortunately for you, JLC has class and nudity was not so "gratuitous" like it is today.

I had the pleasure of watching this film a few weeks ago, and I still really like it. I was 11, the first time I saw it, and I like the story and the whole revenge plot. JLC is always great to watch in action. I wonder why she wanted to do another two revenge movies in that same year, 1980 (Prom Night)? I wonder when each film was actually made.

I need to buy JLC's, "Scream Queen" book. It bet its an interesting read. She truly is a classy actress in my book.
              "You're no crazier than most people, prolly a little too sane if anything." Willowfang

Comment

my secong favorite JLC slasher

great movie

Comment

Terror Train is a classic horror movie.This formula to build a descent into madness and violence. The young fraternity pledge made a terrible start and makeup bonkers.The film is known mostly these days, since the post-Halloween Jamie Lee Curtis screamer fest.
                  david shamoon marbella

Comment

Definitely JLC's finest slasher queen moment bar Halloween, closely pipping Prom Night.

Comment

too cheesy & awful for more words

Comment

Shout Factory released this recently. Anyone have it yet and if so, how is the transfer?

Comment

Terror Train is basically Halloween on a train. If it wasn't for JLC starring in it, no one would even bother watching it.
                          Cinema Junkyard

Comment

Originally posted by floyd2006 View Post
                            Terror Train is basically Halloween on a train. If it wasn't for JLC starring in it, no one would even bother watching it.
                            I think its a pretty good slasher.

Comment

"Terror Train"...This 1979 slasher is a good entry into the horror genre. As slasher films go, Terror Train really has a lot going for it. The claustrophobic setting is an ideal place for suspense and it works! The direction is compact and nicely done, making great use of the rather creepy-looking masks that the killer wears. This film also boasts one of the best climactic chase scenes full of suspenseful shocks.The cast is also in good form. Jamie Lee Curtis is good as her likable heroine self. However, I think she was way better in Halloween and The Fog. The handsome Hart Bochner(Doc) does well as the two-faced frat leader, besides some annoying crying/hysterics. Ben Johnson as "Carne" is a welcomed addition as the train conductor and he is terrific. Even David Copperfield manages to be a little menacing in his role as a mysterious magician. Last but not least, Derek MacKinnon(Kenny) is wonderful as the killer. As for gripes, well, the ending could have been a little more climactic and it should have been Curtis' character to kill off her attacker. I also think there were too many off-screen kills and after effects of the victims. But all together the film does well, making for a good slasher-thriller with a few tricks up its sleeves.

8/10

Comment

This is the first movie where l noticed that Jamie Lee Curtis is actually not that attractive. At all. Not even in the slightest.... Damn good movie though!

Comment

Working...
                                X