Terror Train (1980)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terror Train (1980)

I caught this movie for the first time tonight on TV... And was quite enjoyable, has anyone else seen this move?

Yep I own the DVD that came out.

Kinda slow in places, and lacks gore. It is however a nice little slasher flick with a good M.O. for the killer. Very clever. I just wish I can get the image of the skinny gangly kid in his oversized tighty whiteys out of my head.

I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

Comment

Yes. I did like it, but David Copperfield really ruined it for me. He just looks so homo and out of place. It looks so obvious throughout the film that he's the killer (exactly what they were going for) that the twist at the end was just... kind of lame. I know it's a classic slasher but it didn't impress me as much as I thought it would. Neither did Happy Birthday to Me. It's like those kids were on opium, all their friends are dying and they barely batted an eye. Lame twist, too.
      AG Draft '09
      Leon: The Professional - Luc Besson
      Zodiac - David Fincher
      The Usual Suspects - Bryan Singer
      Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead - Lloyd Kaufman
      Forrest Gump - Robert Zemeckis
      Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke - Lou Adler
      Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Steve Barron
      Secretary - Steven Shainberg
      The Holy Mountain - Alejandro Jodorowsky
      Y Tu Mamá También - Alfonso Cuarón
      A Night at the Opera - Sam Wood
      Prozac Nation - Erik Skjoldbjærg
      Zombie Strippers! - Jay Lee

Comment

I thought it was nice little, clever, slasher film but I agree with HighlyTense it did lack gore but thats ok gore is good but movies can be quite good without it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Chase View Post
          I thought it was nice little, clever, slasher film but I agree with HighlyTense it did lack gore but thats ok gore is good but movies can be quite good without it as well.
          Very true. The lack of gore did not put me off at all unless it didn't have any other qualities to it.

Comment

I like the qualities of this movie it had a bit to offer.

Comment

I like the qualities of this movie it had a bit to offer.
              Oh totally, the atmosphere was spot on, the idea of a killer being on a moving train with nowhere to go is a perfect tension setter, the music was classically done, the characters weren't annoying, and just the overall tone was great for a spooky slasher. I like spooky slashers like Hell Night, just adds to the fun.

Comment

I like the way you think .

Comment

I caught this movie for the first time tonight on TV... And was quite enjoyable, has anyone else seen this move?
                  Dude its been many years since I've seen this and I would love to see it again and I can't remember shit about it which is sad

Comment

ha i liked this too and this didn't really need gore. but i have to admit i might look better with a bit of it in

i wonder if the remake will be any good
                    My Rating on recent films.

Comment

Originally posted by 101ant101 View Post
                      ha i liked this too and this didn't really need gore. but i have to admit i might look better with a bit of it in

i wonder if the remake will be any good
                      I think this is movie would have one of the best shots of having a good remake actually.

Comment

I think this is movie would have one of the best shots of having a good remake actually.

really? when they do remake it i hope they stick to the R rateing

Comment

really? when they do remake it i hope they stick to the R rateing
                          Oh for sure I'm right there with you on that one.

Comment

Oh for sure I'm right there with you on that one.
                            like april fools day remake i just know for sure thats going to be a pg-13

but i heard the REMAKE of TERROR TRAIN is not going to have a costume. things are looking bad already

Comment

like april fools day remake i just know for sure thats going to be a pg-13

but i heard the REMAKE of TERROR TRAIN is not going to have a costume. things are looking bad already
                              What that wouldn't even be the same movie then?

Comment

Working...
                              X