No announcement yet.

Slumber Party Massacre (1982)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is currently streaming on Netflix.

So I definitely watched this movie years ago, but I couldn't remember much about it. So I saw it was streaming on Netflix and decided to give it a go.

The movie is certainly fun. The kills lacked originality, but it was fine. I actually preferred the goofier moments in the movie. (When the girl ate the pizza, when the 'pizza delivery guy' said the damage was 6.. so far.) I read up on it after watching and noticed that the script was meant as a parody, which made sense. Even though it was filmed serious, the parody vibe is still noticeable.

It's not my favorite slasher flick by any means, but it's a welcome addition to the genre.
    "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

• This is a very guilty pleasure for me.

Is anyone else surprised that hollywood hasn't gotten their hands on this film for a remake. But while I think about, this movie could benefit from a remake.

Although the original fun time watching, it still has lots of flaws. The kills could be more creative and add more blood in. Maybe take out the goofier moments.

Slumber Party Massacre really has the perfect formula for today's teens for a remake.

Comment

• Just watched it again last night (my third time seeing it). The more I see this movie, the more I enjoy it. The acting is even worse than I remember it being.
        "A desire to be in charge of our own lives, a need for control, is born in each of us. It is essential to our mental health, and our success, that we take control." -Robert F. Bennett

Comment

• I still don't remember if this is the movie where the big dude with the red plaid shirt

Comment

• I love this film, it's so corny and derivative that it becomes rather charming - the sequel is much better.
            but, whatever you do, don't watch the third instalment

Comment

• SPM III is like a bad dream(that I never want to have again!)
              Cinema Junkyard

Comment

• Heheh, that's the musical that sees the killer strumming his mad drill/guitar!
                It's not just bad - it's what my hell will look like

Comment

• Originally posted by Shinobi37 View Post
                  I still don't remember if this is the movie where the big dude with the red plaid shirt
                  You r thinking of Sorority House Massacre 2

Comment

• "Slumber Party Massacre"....One of my alltime fave 80's slashers. It had camp, some cheesy acting, some bad dialogue, good bloody gore, and a thrilling and suspenseful ending. The absolutely lovely Robin Stille as "Valerie" is a delight to watch. Other standout actresses were Michele Michaels as "Trish" and Pamela Roylance as "Coach Jana". The rest of the cast was "so so" to "bad". The final showdown at the end is one of my faves in a slasher. Lots of blood and good action!! Love it!! It is sad that Robin Stille passed away(suicide) in 1996. This movie is a great popcorn flick and is a fun and entertaining slasher to view time and time again.

8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                      "Slumber Party Massacre"....One of my alltime fave 80's slashers. It had camp, some cheesy acting, some bad dialogue, good bloody gore, and a thrilling and suspenseful ending. The absolutely lovely Robin Stille as "Valerie" is a delight to watch. Other standout actresses were Michele Michaels as "Trish" and Pamela Roylance as "Coach Jana". The rest of the cast was "so so" to "bad". The final showdown at the end is one of my faves in a slasher. Lots of blood and good action!! Love it!! It is sad that Robin Stille passed away(suicide) in 1996. This movie is a great popcorn flick and is a fun and entertaining slasher to view time and time again.

8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
                        Heheh, that's the musical that sees the killer strumming his mad drill/guitar!
                        It's not just bad - it's what my hell will look like
                        LMAO!! I miss your outrageous posts!!

Comment

• I love these movies I think they are very underrated and are above par with most slasher flicks!

Comment

• Originally posted by munster View Post
                            I love these movies I think they are very underrated and are above par with most slasher flicks!
                            Have u seen Sorority House Massacre? Thats a good one too and think it ranks as high as this one. A good slasher.

Comment

Working...
                            X