My Bloody Valentine (1981)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxley View Post

One thing I did like about it though, was the Pick Axe was used for every kill from memory. Which I think is what should have been done with the original.
    I HIGHLY disagree. The thing I liked about the original is the variety of kills.

In the remake it got painfully boring when he used the pick axe for 98% of the fucking kills. I couldn't stand it.

The original was far more creative.
    Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
      I HIGHLY disagree. The thing I liked about the original is the variety of kills.

In the remake it got painfully boring when he used the pick axe for 98% of the fucking kills. I couldn't stand it.

Agreed. I dunno, I kinda thought the remake was trash, but still entertaining. The original is far superior. I just caught it last year or somethin', and I think it's easily one of the better slashers ever made.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
        Agreed. I dunno, I kinda thought the remake was trash, but still entertaining. The original is far superior. I just caught it last year or somethin', and I think it's easily one of the better slashers ever made.
        I liked it the first time I watched it but it hasn't held up for me. The original, for me, is one of the best slasher films ever made. Especially in its uncut form.
        Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• That scene at the beginning of X-Ray that reminds me of MBV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
            The remake eclipses the rather drab original at every turn. There's more blood, more entertainment, more amusement and MOAR GOAR! Plus it didn't make me feel sleepy, like the original.
            No way. Have you seen the uncut version? Far better than the remake in gore and what not. Not that that's what the important parts are anyway.

Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post

I just like a old school miner using the pick axe. It's a badass image.
            "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
            Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
            My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
              The thing I liked about the original is the variety of kills.

In the remake it got painfully boring when he used the pick axe for 98% of the fucking kills.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
                Yeah, but then we wouldn't have got this great kill...

That was my favorite kill. So freakin awesome.

Comment

• One of my favorite slasher movies. I think the miner is one of the more terrifying slasher movie villains.
                  "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Comment

Working...
                  X