Cutting Class (1989)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlightlyDemented View Post
    Not to mention that it's an overweight gym teacher who gets impaled instead of a half-naked cheerleader.
    oh yeah. well done for Remembering.
    My Rating on recent films.

Comment

Yeah this one sucked

Comment

I really enjoy this film - my girlfriend at the time bought it for me as she knew I loved horror and we settled down to watch it, me fully expecting it to be shit but, to her credit, it turned out fucking nice.
        For a late eighties slasher film starring brad (vomit on my cock) Pitt it's a pretty fucking decent little slasher.
        It's not a serious film, but it works well as a parody and succeeds where such crap as Splatter University, Wacko et al so miserably failed.
        It's an intellect-free ninety minutes, turn up your telly, drink a sixpack or smoke a bowl and have fun.
        7/10.

Comment

"Cutting Class"....This 1988 slasher/comedy is pretty damn cheesy, but I like it. There are a few good kills(the gym teacher, math teacher, "Brian") and horror movie vet Jill Schoelen is good enough to get through the movie. However her male leads Brad Pitt and Donovan Leitch are both piss poor!! The storyline is actually good(if u can get pass some mediocre dialogue and dumb/failed comedic moments) and the showdown in the metal shop at the end is awesome.

5/10

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
            "Cutting Class"....This 1988 slasher/comedy is pretty damn cheesy, but I like it. There are a few good kills(the gym teacher, math teacher, "Brian") and horror movie vet Jill Schoelen is good enough to get through the movie. However her male leads Brad Pitt and Donovan Leitch are both piss poor!! The storyline is actually good(if u can get pass some mediocre dialogue and dumb/failed comedic moments) and the showdown in the metal shop at the end is awesome.

5/10
            Yeah, it's a guilty pleasure of mine too. It works rather well as a mild parody of the slasher genre, free from the typical 'Airplane' style gags that sink most horror comedies and slasher spoofs. Leave your brain at the door as you won't be needing it as it's a spot on perfect crate-of-lager-type-film.

You'll need it too because, not to give away any spoilers, but the killer is exactly who you first suspect. It's as stupid and predictable as Raimi's 'Intruder' but, just like 'Intruder' there's a lot of fun to be had here. Get shitfaced, climb the walls, spin around in a circle going "WEEEEEEEEEEE" for all I care but do it while watching Cutting Class. It's fucking class.
            7/10
            Last edited by Mogwai; 11-10-2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
              Yeah, it's a guilty pleasure of mine too. It works rather well as a mild parody of the slasher genre, free from the typical 'Airplane' style gags that sink most horror comedies and slasher spoofs. Leave your brain at the door as you won't be needing it as it's a spot on perfect crate-of-lager-type-film.

You'll need it too because, not to give away any spoilers, but the killer is exactly who you first suspect. It's as stupid and predictable as Raimi's 'Intruder' but, just like 'Intruder' there's a lot of fun to be had here. Get shitfaced, climb the walls, spin around in a circle going "WEEEEEEEEEEE" for all I care but do it while watching Cutting Class. It's fucking class.
              7/10
              LOL..well I wouldn't rate it that high!!

Comment

Cuttting Class is a decent horror/suspense film(especially for the late 80's) except mid way toward the film it seems the director decided to turn it into a comedy
                Cinema Junkyard

Comment

Originally posted by floyd2006 View Post
                  Cuttting Class is a decent horror/suspense film(especially for the late 80's) except mid way toward the film it seems the director decided to turn it into a comedy
                  Nah, it started as a mild parody, turned into a spoof and ended as a lampoon - the entire film was meant to be a sarcastic comedy horror and it worked very well as such. The javelin through the trampoline scene was a blatant piss take of wacky slasher set pieces.

Comment

total cheese and pretty aweful (2/10)

Comment

I found this to be a decent but cheesy slasher film, it wasn't great but it entertained imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X