No announcement yet.

Return Of The Living Dead (1985)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of the Living Dead one is perfect. Part 2 is still great, just less violence and more comedy. Did anyone ever see Part 2 back to back with Savini's Night of the Living Dead on TNT's Monstervision? That's how I first saw both of these films, and I still love them to this day. Return 3 (Unrated!) was pretty fucking good too, although more serious and the comedy is very black if existent at all. I thought Yuzna had a great idea that worked, just not as well as the first two. Return 4 and 5 simply shouldn't have been made, period. This series always sticks out in my mind for the "Scream Tracks", where there's action going on and they just loop continuous tracks of people screaming over it all. (Parts 2 and 5 I believe are the main ones.) Also, wtf is with the soundtrack for part 2 being changed for the DVD? No Anthrax anymore when the reefer smoking army guys unwittingly release the trioxin 5? And has anyone seen the documentary "More Brains!" on Return of the Living Dead?

Comment

• Always a fun movie to pop on, not a perfect movie but one of my favorite 80's comedy-horror films standing right next to Re-Animator.

Comment

• I just watched this the other day for the first time in years. Still funny as hell and I still love the soundtrack.

http://kirbymillerserialkiller.com - Updates every Thurday

Comment

• Odd background to the film with what Romero and Russo went through, but It all turned alright in the end. ROTLD is one of my all time favorite horror-comedies. funny,gory, cheesy and even has a naked girl dancing around in a graveyard, couldya ask for more?
          Cinema Junkyard

Comment

• A film I never get sick of watching

Chuck: "Hey, Casey, do you like sex with death?"

Casey: "Yeah, so fuck off and die."

Comment

• Yeah I love this movie, it cheesy zombie fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambi_lives8980 View Post
                Did anyone ever see Part 2 back to back with Savini's Night of the Living Dead on TNT's Monstervision?
                No, but I wish I had, as I prefer ROTLD II to I, and the NOTLD remake to the orig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heathen View Post
                  No, but I wish I had, as I prefer ROTLD II to I, and the NOTLD remake to the orig.
                  Every time I read one of your posts I want to stab someone in the face.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
                    Every time I read one of your posts I want to stab someone in the face.
                    I know what you mean, I get that way during my bouts of restless glans syndrome.

I might have to pop in ROTLDII today to see some of the best zombie makeup and action ever put on film.

Comment

• lots of fun and laughs with fine performances it certainly should never be missed by any horror fan

9/10

Comment

• Cracking movie - it's on MGMHD here in the UK tonight - will be watchin. Linnea Quigley freeze frame in HD
                        The twisted mind behind The Site That Dripped Blood...

Comment

• The music in Pt.2, not the hard rock sdtk., is wonderfully cheesy.

Comment

• "Return Of The Living Dead"......A true 80's classic that is fun, gory, scary, funny, and entertaining all around. The men rule this movie non stop. Fun,campy, and wonderful performances by leads Clu Gulager, James Karen, Thom Matthews, and Don Calea. Miguel A.Nunez Jr. was also top notch as "Spider". Linnea Quigley as "Trash" and Beverly Randolph as "Tina" were just ok for me. They were mostly very weak. Humor, blood and gore, chills, and terrific special effects run the gamut and provide wonderful entertainment..full of horror, adventure, and action. The ending wasn't the greatest however. Ok..lets drop a bomb and blow them up!! I think the movie could have been an extra 15 minutes or so to provide a better ending. Special mention to tall and handsome Mark Venturini who played "Suicide". He died of cancer in 1996. Return Of The Living Dead is a great classic!! The best comedy/horror of the 80's.

10/10

Comment

• ROTLD had a screening in the U.K a little while ago and they released these posters for it. I think they're pretty cool so thought I'd share.

Comment

• Watched Pt. 3 earlier today. One of my favorite zombie flicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X