Pet Sematary (1989)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pixie06 View Post
    none taken, I've seen ur profile picture so I won't hold it against you. Unless...

Comment

• you want me 2

Comment

• Originally posted by pixie06 View Post
        you want me 2

Comment

• Originally posted by superfry View Post
          My sentiments exactly.

Rather blandly directed, power of the source material gives it enough strength to overcome the Lambert's workman-like direction.
          Some credit has to be given to the child actor also because i thought he did perfectly with the role
          " I dont have nightmares, because i give them all to you" - Stephen King

"Want another reason to get the hell out of here? I'll give you the best one: her. Mrs. Carmody. Our very own Jim Jones. I'd like to leave before people start drinking the Kool-Aid."

"A creature that can't be killed wouldn't think killing was right or wrong. They'd simply have no concept of it" - Dr. Harry Adams

sigpic

Comment

• Loved the book, loved the movie. And the cat they used it the movie was beautiful!
            sigpic

Comment

• "Bump"

Alot of people will be watching this creepfest this month, so I am moving it up. I myself will be watching it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                "Bump"

Alot of people will be watching this creepfest this month, so I am moving it up. I myself will be watching it too.

I watched this movie yesterday because I started reading the book for the first time the other day. Im really liking how there is very little difference from the book to the movie, just a few differences. So far the book is much better than the movie, as most book-to-movies are.

Also, Church is a beautiful cat, I want one just like it!

Comment

• Drafted this yesterday. The film looks beautiful on Blu-Ray!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
                    Drafted this yesterday. The film looks beautiful on Blu-Ray!!!
                    A wave of blu rays are hitting after having nothing for awhile. This, Killer Klowns, Universal Monsters box set.

Right when I have no fucking money. Fuck life.

Glad that the transfer is good, will be something to pick up!
                    A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
                      A wave of blu rays are hitting after having nothing for awhile. This, Killer Klowns, Universal Monsters box set.

Right when I have no fucking money. Fuck life.

Glad that the transfer is good, will be something to pick up!
                      Plus it has a beautiful lenticular slip case!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
                        Drafted this yesterday. The film looks beautiful on Blu-Ray!!!
                        I might pick up the blue for this when I'm out and about today.

Comment

• Here's a small article from Fangoria, on a documentary that's in the works....

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/ho...umentary-rises

Comment

• "Pet Sematary".....Pet Sematary is one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. Totally gives me the chills in so many scenes. The performances are good...especially from standouts Fred Gwynne(Jud), the guy who plays "Victor Pascow" and little Miko Hughes(Gage). Dale Midkiff , Denise Crosby, and the little girl are all hit and miss. One scene that totally makes me shutter at times is when "Rachel" is in a daze/relapse or whatever..and she opens her sisters bedroom door..and we see "Zelda" on the bed. All of a sudden she sits up really fast..hearing her bones crack...and she runs right up to Rachel. That voice of hers and her telling Rachel "Gage and I will get you". Yuck...totally creepy!! Spooky atmosphere, some good bloody gore, shocking/tragic deaths, and a thrilling music score all highlight the movie. A true horror gem!!

9/10

Comment

• Agreed. Watched it last week (finally), and I was really impressed. Very, very good!

Comment

• l always thought this movie was atrocious. The subsequent years since it's release have done nothing to change my mind. Another great King novel that became a turd of a movie. Bad acting, bad direction, and a terrible script all combine to form a big heaping mess. Thank god they never did a sequel...oh wait, they did, and it sucked even bigger balls.

Comment

Working...
                                X