No announcement yet.

Pet Sematary (1989)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh Pet Cemetery.. the place Denise Crosby's career came to die!

Sorry, Start Trek fan! Stupid move Crosby!

But the movie was pretty good.
    www.fancorepodcast.com you're listening to Fancore... and nothing else.

Comment

i LOVE this movie! its to this day one of my fav. movies. the kid gage is still freaky......"hi daddy i play with mommy, i play with sissy now i wanna play with youuuuuuuuuuu hehehehahaha!!!" that part si funny!....the sequel never seen, but heard it was stupid. rachels mom still freaks me out too. ....did grace (the lil girl the only survivor) did she star in teh sequel or no?.....never seen the second one and i head that it was a piece of crap....wish theyd make a third one, BUT only to have grace in it like as a adult and that dead dude (cant think of his name) come back.....besides the shining and carrie this is one of his best ones.
      classic horrors i have/love
      poltergriest 1-3: 10/10
      nightmare on elm street-all:8/10
      friday the 13ths all: 8/10
      the exorsist: 10/10

"your gonna die in there alll of you!!!! youre all gonna diiiiiiiie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Comment

Pet Sematary is a really great film. Miko Hughes who played Gage is one creepy fucking kid if you ask me, he did a good job in the film. The character of Zelda is the one who creeps me out though. This has to be one of my favorite movies adapted from a Stephen King novel; if not my favorite.

My dvd collection: http://robzombiefan.dvdaf.com/

Most recently watched movies:
        Immortals 11/10
        Crazy Stupid Love 5.5/10
        Puss in Boots 9.5/10
        Super 8 9/10

Comment

Originally posted by horrorchick81 View Post
          i LOVE this movie! its to this day one of my fav. movies. the kid gage is still freaky......"hi daddy i play with mommy, i play with sissy now i wanna play with youuuuuuuuuuu hehehehahaha!!!" that part si funny!....the sequel never seen, but heard it was stupid. rachels mom still freaks me out too. ....did grace (the lil girl the only survivor) did she star in teh sequel or no?.....never seen the second one and i head that it was a piece of crap....wish theyd make a third one, BUT only to have grace in it like as a adult and that dead dude (cant think of his name) come back.....besides the shining and carrie this is one of his best ones.

It wasn't sissy, it was Judd lol.

And no she wasnt in the second one, it was the same town, new people. But you do see the Creeds house from the first movie. And I loved the second one, it's better than the first in my opinion. And I heard rumors of a remake, but I think it flopped. Who knows?

Oh, and if there was a 3rd, it'd be good. Because in the second one, one of the teenagers tell the story of how the surviving girl from the first one lost her mind after her parents died and killed her grandparents.

Comment

Originally posted by FBrown View Post
            It wasn't sissy, it was Judd lol.

And no she wasnt in the second one, it was the same town, new people. But you do see the Creeds house from the first movie. And I loved the second one, it's better than the first in my opinion. And I heard rumors of a remake, but I think it flopped. Who knows?

Oh, and if there was a 3rd, it'd be good. Because in the second one, one of the teenagers tell the story of how the surviving girl from the first one lost her mind after her parents died and killed her grandparents.
            I have the second one on vhs....great movie. Not sure if it's better than the original, but its definitely good. Edward Furlong plays the part well.

My dvd collection: http://robzombiefan.dvdaf.com/

Most recently watched movies:
            Immortals 11/10
            Crazy Stupid Love 5.5/10
            Puss in Boots 9.5/10
            Super 8 9/10

Comment

Loved this movie. It did well in the box office when it came out at the time too.
              My DVD Collection

Comment

Haunting movie (the first...I have not seen the second yet)...unique storyline, fast paced and interesting (and horrifying!)...and of course the story was great as well...
                Buzzy's DVD's
                http://buzzy.dvdaf.com/

- GOLD TRADER -

Comment

The plot was unusual, and I absolutely HATED the ending, but 'Pet Sematary' is very well-done, well-shot, well-acted, it's violent and very scary, and earns my seal of approval. B

Comment

Pet Sematary was probably the first horror movie that actually scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. The one scene with the sister still bothers me to this day.

Fred Gwynne was my favorite part of the movie. It was disturbing when he died. There was some great Ramones music in both of the Pet Sematary movies too. I think I've read King is a huge Ramones fan and that's why the music is in the movies.

The sequel, IMO, is much better than people give it credit for. Furlong, Anthony Edwards, and the guy from Shawshank/Starship Troopers all do great in their roles. I think the problem people have with the sequel is that it's really mean spirited. I wouldn't disagree with that but I believe it was necessary for the story they were telling.

Great flicks!

Later,
                    Nate

Comment

some parts of this movie were really great but the book was better
                      i had expected more from the movie
                      sigpic

Comment

i love this movie every time i see it. fred gwynne is classic in it.

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

I thought the ending was kinda bad. I mean the guy could clearly see she was dead. Otherwise the movie was great.

Comment

Originally posted by invisiblefear666 View Post
                            I thought the ending was kinda bad. I mean the guy could clearly see she was dead. Otherwise the movie was great.
                            The guy had gone insane by then. He thought that Gage had turned bad because he had waited days to bury him in the Pet Semetary. He thought that Rachael wouldn't turn bad because she had just died a few hours before.

Comment

[QUOTE=CAPTAIN SPAULDING;1259083]The guy had gone insane by then. He thought that Gage had turned bad because he had waited days to bury him in the Pet Semetary. He thought that Rachael wouldn't turn bad because she had just died a few hours before.[/QUO

I never thought of that, I'm gonna rewatch the movie with that in mind. thx

Comment

I actually have not watched it or read the book...
                                But love the song by the Ramones .

Comment

Working...
                                X