Razorback (1984)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Novel?

Can't believe that this film is actually based on a novel.

Going to track it down (eventually).

Being Australian, I get serious case of 'cultural cringe' when watching Razorback. That said, there is something about Razorback - most likely the film's brilliant visual style - that compels me to watch every couple of years.

Thanks for that.

Comment

Just have to say, some damn good stuff comes from Down Under......Mad Max...Yumm! and other things of course.
      p.s. hate that laugh, like nails on blackboard!
      Trick or Treat.... for Me!

Comment

Down Under

Originally posted by jd13 View Post
        Just have to say, some damn good stuff comes from Down Under......Mad Max...Yumm! and other things of course.
        p.s. hate that laugh, like nails on blackboard!
        You are right, Australia has produced some brilliant films - Mad Max 1 & 2, Gallipoli, Breaker Morant, Picnic At Hanging Rock, Ghosts Of The Civil Dead, the Year My Voice Broke, etc, etc. More than a few classics. However, in my opinion most of these films come from the late 1970s and early to mid 1980s (e.g. Razorback).

I could probably count on 2 hands the number of "great" films Oz has produced over the last 10 to 20 years - The Proposition, Lantana, Wolf Creek, Shine, need some help now...

Comment

Yeah, Australia makes some... insane film. As you can see from my recent views in the sig, I've taken a few Ozzies on lately.

Don't forget about Bad Boy Bubby, Thirst, Body Melt, Pearls Before Swine, Patrick, and Long Weekend.

I've got a wishlist somewheres with more of those obscure title names...

I should watch Razorback again. Looking back at my post on the first page - makes me wanna pop it in the DVD player.

Comment

One of my all time favorite critter flicks. It's just got a feel to it that makes it stand alone from a lot of the other films in it's league....visuals, soundtrack and of course the setting.
            It's only been a coupla months since I last watched it.

Comment

I wish they would come out with more, i mean hell they have the deadliest snakes, sharks, and the outback, what more do you need mate!!!!!!
              Trick or Treat.... for Me!

Comment

This is a classic! I love killer pig films, I recently brought a good one called "prey" nice little French film

Comment

Working...
                X