[1987] Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kenjis Ghost View Post
    I own the whole series (not remake though) and Prom Night 2 is the worst film. This is how I rated the series:

1: 1.5/5

2: 1/5

3: 2.5/5

4:3.5/5
    I like ur high rating for the 4th film..and I agree. But ur low rating for the 1st and 2nd are not good. LOL!!

Comment

Just watched this for the second time ever. The first was when the DVD first came out a few years back. Here's my thoughts...

-Put Carrie, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and some blandness in a blender, and this is what you get.
      -The leads, Vicki and Craig had those kind of faces that made me want to punch them. More so Vicki. What an ugly face. & her eyebrows are so light it almost looks like they don't exist. Sweet tits though. Total butter face.
      -We get cock teased with that paper cutter with no pay off later on. LET DOWN.
      -Mary Lou is hott and an awesome character. The Prom Night series should have just turned into her own franchise.
      -The bitch character, Kelly is sexy. I'd stack the ballots in her favor for a blowjob any day.
      -Vicki's mom is one of those characters I hate and looked forward to seeing getting killed. (Much like the other religious crazy bitch in The Mist.) ..But did she even die? She was thrown through a door but I'm not sure if that was supposed to kill her or not.
      -The movie could've used some gore. It would've been enough to keep me more interested.
      -There are some cool shots. Like when Craig is running from Mary Lou and he's behind a fence-like door. Mary Lou shows up at the end of the hall and then suddenly she is right in front of the camera. Loved that shot.
      -Josh is one of my favorite teens in a slasher flick ever. Going on and on about his potato radio was pretty funny stuff. Great character.
      -The ending was very very Nightmare-on-Elm-Street-1-and-2-like.

All in all not a horrible movie, but not particularly good either.

6/10

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
        Just watched this for the second time ever. The first was when the DVD first came out a few years back. Here's my thoughts...

-Put Carrie, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and some blandness in a blender, and this is what you get.
        -The leads, Vicki and Craig had those kind of faces that made me want to punch them. More so Vicki. What an ugly face. & her eyebrows are so light it almost looks like they don't exist. Sweet tits though. Total butter face.
        -We get cock teased with that paper cutter with no pay off later on. LET DOWN.
        -Mary Lou is hott and an awesome character. The Prom Night series should have just turned into her own franchise.
        -The bitch character, Kelly is sexy. I'd stack the ballots in her favor for a blowjob any day.
        -Vicki's mom is one of those characters I hate and looked forward to seeing getting killed. (Much like the other religious crazy bitch in The Mist.) ..But did she even die? She was thrown through a door but I'm not sure if that was supposed to kill her or not.
        -The movie could've used some gore. It would've been enough to keep me more interested.
        -There are some cool shots. Like when Craig is running from Mary Lou and he's behind a fence-like door. Mary Lou shows up at the end of the hall and then suddenly she is right in front of the camera. Loved that shot.
        -Josh is one of my favorite teens in a slasher flick ever. Going on and on about his potato radio was pretty funny stuff. Great character.
        -The ending was very very Nightmare-on-Elm-Street-1-and-2-like.

All in all not a horrible movie, but not particularly good either.

6/10
        i agree with pretty much all of this. Ending was nice. Im kinda on the fence about the movie, i think i liked it, but then again first time i watched it i was watching the clock, But overall i think i like it, its not too bad.
        Check out my movie Blog http://wildcinemamoviereviews.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

"Prom Night 2".....I love this sequel and think it is a pretty strong movie. It was also very popular back in the day. Mixing elements of The Shining,Carrie,The Exorcist, and Nightmare On Elmstreet...Part 2 of the Prom Night series is a fun,thrilling, and well acted entry. I adore Wendy Lyon's performance as "Viki'. Loved how she told off that bitch "Kelly". I had to rewind that part a few times when Viki snaps at Kelly " You shut ur fucking mouth,bitch"!! I laugh every time. She should have slapped her after that too. Gore,suspense,possession,drama, and cattiness all together make the movie a treat to watch.

8/10

Comment

I watched this one on SPACE last month I think it was, I enjoyed it a but more then the first one, it's a pretty decent movie, I think the first two movies are the better ones that they made, but thats just me.

http://www.facebook.com/ArtofTypH

http;//www.twitter.com/BrianTyphair

Comment

Watched this the other day, decent enough

Here's my review - http://blogbypaul.wordpress.com/2011...prom-night-ii/

Comment

i'm watching this right now and i can't stand it. I just don't dig the carrie, nightmare on elmstreet, exorcist mix.
                Don't fuck with the babysitter

Comment

"Prom Night 2".....I love this sequel and think it is a pretty strong movie. It was also very popular back in the day. Mixing elements of The Shining,Carrie,The Exorcist, and Nightmare On Elmstreet...Part 2 of the Prom Night series is a fun,thrilling, and well acted entry. I adore Wendy Lyon's performance as "Viki'. Loved how she told off that bitch "Kelly". I had to rewind that part a few times when Viki snaps at Kelly " You shut ur fucking mouth,bitch"!! I laugh every time. She should have slapped her after that too. "Kelly" should have also been killed off in a more gruesome way. But there are some nice kills featured. Gore,suspense,possession,drama, and cattiness all together make the movie a treat to watch and very entertaining.

8/10
                  Last edited by HorrorMovieFan; 10-05-2012, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                    "Prom Night 2".....I love this sequel and think it is a pretty strong movie. It was also very popular back in the day. Mixing elements of The Shining,Carrie,The Exorcist, and Nightmare On Elmstreet...Part 2 of the Prom Night series is a fun,thrilling, and well acted entry. I adore Wendy Lyon's performance as "Viki'. Loved how she told off that bitch "Kelly". I had to rewind that part a few times when Viki snaps at Kelly " You shut ur fucking mouth,bitch"!! I laugh every time. She should have slapped her after that too. Some nice kills are also featured. Gore,suspense,possession,drama, and cattiness all together make the movie a treat to watch and very entertaining.

8/10
                    Why did you copy and paste this 2 years after the 1st time you posted it?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                      Ha I was wondering the same thing.
                      54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                        I felt like it. I also added in a bit more

Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                        Ha I was wondering the same thing.
                        I felt like it. I also added in a bit more.

Comment

well done supernatural shocker. always enjoyed it.

(7/10)

Comment

Definitely an improvement on the original. Adding the supernatural element to this franchise was like a breath of fresh air during a time when slasher movies had become stale and predictable. At first it gives off a low budget Poltergeist vibe but goes on to deliver some very visually striking scenes. The rocking horse's head coming to life in Vicki's room was just awesome. Vicki getting pulled into the chalkboard was also pretty cool. Very satisfying ending.
                            "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Comment

Working...
                            X