No announcement yet.

"The Wicker Man" (1973)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't believe I haven't seen this yet. It's on the list.

Is he going to lose both bones?

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
      You have a Devil Wears Prada signature, and are insinuating that Nightmare on Elm Street is somehow a better film that The Wicker Man... Pretty sure that just about makes your opinion null and void.
      QFT!!!

Comment

Greatest ending...EVER!!!

Edward Woodward does the most awesome stiff upper lip acting in this. Christopher Lee even says its the best movie hes ever done, and that dudes been in a LOT of movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
          You have a Devil Wears Prada signature, and are insinuating that Nightmare on Elm Street is somehow a better film that The Wicker Man... Pretty sure that just about makes your opinion null and void.
          Um if you knew how to read then you would see i never said that A Nightmare On Elm Street was a better film, and what does The Devil Wears Prada have to do with anything relating to this subject? U got some issues man... sorry
          ------------------------------------

SCRE4M

Comment

Originally posted by HORRORFAN4LIFE View Post
            and what does The Devil Wears Prada have to do with anything relating to this subject? U got some issues man... sorry
            Everytime I see your signature I think of this.

What does the reference in your signature mean? The Christian rock band? The novel? The movie? The TV show in development? I only know of these after typing the phrase into Wikipedia, so I don't know of anything else it could be referring to.

Comment

Yeah I do to, They named it after the book...so what? Wait...was that supposed to insult me? Man Thank God i dont give a rats ass on what you think, cuz if i did, SHIT! i would be pretty down right now.

SCRE4M

Comment

Yeah I do to, They named it after the book...so what? Wait...was that supposed to insult me? Man Thank God i dont give a rats ass on what you think, cuz if i did, SHIT! i would be pretty down right now.
                Hey new guy, relax. I was asking an honest question man, learn to chill out. I was trying to figure out why you would reference that movie (unless the book is different), that's all.

Comment

Ok lets back track. Well i just didnt like how you were saying things i never said. i never said that a nightmare on elm street was a better film than the wicker man and i never said that i didnt like the wicker man. You also cant say that im dumb just because you dont agree with me or cuz you dont listen to the same music as me. Sorry i got a little mad back there i just dont think when im mad.

SCRE4M

Comment

Ok lets back track. Well i just didnt like how you were saying things i never said. i never said that a nightmare on elm street was a better film than the wicker man and i never said that i didnt like the wicker man. You also cant say that im dumb just because you dont agree with me or cuz you dont listen to the same music as me. Sorry i got a little mad back there

i just dont think when im mad.

Obviously, since I never said any of those things. I was wondering why you had a movie/book in your signature that seems out of place on a message board. Unless you are into the christian rock band, which is a whole different can of worms. Slow down, read the posts, then read who posted them. It'll help you to not be confused. Also, just a helpful life tip, don't drink soda to fast or you'll get a stomach ache. Just throwing that out there.

Comment

I was talking about the qtf thing. Whatever lets just forget abou this! thanks for the tips btw

SCRE4M

Comment

I was talking about the qtf thing. Whatever lets just forget abou this! thanks for the tips btw
                        He was right, I may have agreed with him, but I never said what he said.

Comment

And yet i him quoted and not you. I was talking to HIM!!
                          Last edited by HORRORFAN4LIFE; 11-09-2008, 12:25 PM.

SCRE4M

Comment

One of the most powerful films I have ever seen. Truly shows the power religion can have over people no matter the denomination (one more reason im an athiest). Lee provides the viewer with imo his greatest performance to date. Never bothered with the bloody remake cant say I ever will.
                            Top 10
                            1. American Psycho
                            2. Ginger Snaps
                            3. Boogeyman Will Get You
                            4. Tenebre
                            5. Curse of Frankenstein
                            6. Dawn of the Dead
                            7. Dead Alive
                            8. Man Bites Dog
                            9. Body Snatcher
                            10. Twins of Evil

Comment

Originally posted by krugerkid13 View Post
                              One of the most powerful films I have ever seen. Truly shows the power religion can have over people no matter the denomination (one more reason im an athiest). Lee provides the viewer with imo his greatest performance to date. Never bothered with the bloody remake cant say I ever will.
                              Of all the remakes out there the one for The Wicker Man is by far the most deplorable. I've never been a Nicholas Cage fan by any means, and he is certainly no Edward Woodward.

I totally agree with you about the religion thing. I am also an atheist but have many churchgoing friends, and whenever anyone questions my disbelief i refer them to this movie.

Comment

I guess it's safe to say if the original Wicker Man is my favorite film, watching the remake will pretty much destroy me? Right?
                                "And as things fell apart, nobody paid much attention."-The Talking Heads

Comment

Working...
                                X