No announcement yet.

THE DEAD ZONE (1983)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Dead Zone (1983)".....One of my fave Cronenberg films when I was a young teen. Terrific screenplay/storyline, some fine direction,strong cast, and some chilling and shocking scenes throughout the movie. Christopher Walken....while not the most attractive man in cinema....delivers a fine and thrilling performance as "Johnny". Also nice to see Canadian screen vet..Colleen Dewhurst. Tom Skerritt...Nicholas Campbell as "Frank"...and Brooke Adams were all top notch with there scenes. An 80's classic....I love it!!

8/10

Comment

My Favorite Cronenberg Film!

Comment

1. The Brood
        2. The Dead Zone
        3. Dead Ringers
        4. Spider
        5. Videodrome

Comment

Cronenberg at his most restrained.

Comment

Originally posted by NRA4Ever View Post
            This is a really strong, often overlooked film. Walken is amazing, probably my favorite role of his.
            It is one of Walken's best performances.

Comment

"The Dead Zone (1983)".....One of my fave Cronenberg films when I was a young teen. Terrific screenplay/storyline, great direction,strong cast, and some chilling and shocking scenes throughout the movie. Christopher Walken....while not the most attractive man in cinema....delivers a wonderful and thrilling performance as "Johnny". Also nice to see Canadian screen vet..Colleen Dewhurst as "Mrs.Dodd" and cameo appearance by "Road To Anonlea's" Jackie Burroughs. Tom Skerritt...Nicholas Campbell as "Frank"...and Brooke Adams were all terrific is supporting turns. Martin Sheen was good for the most part but still hammy here and there. The sequences with Johnny's visions were very effective and the music score was haunting. An 80's hit and one of Cronenberg's greatest!!

9/10

Comment

so great yet so underrated.

Comment

This great movie, i loved it, one of best SK movies

Comment

Saw this years ago don't remember a lot about.

Comment

I read the book in high school. I read a lot of Stephen King around that time and The Dead Zone is a great movie and book. They picked the perfect actor to play John Smith.

Comment

This IMO is the best Stephen King adaptation. It captures the feel of King's New England perfectly. So many subplots masterfully handled.

Dodd and the scissors will stay with me forever. Love this movie and alot of replay value!

Comment

I can watch this movie over and over - the various plot elements are so gripping and the performances superb. Love the climax when crooked politician Greg Stillson show his true colours...
                          The twisted mind behind The Site That Dripped Blood...

Comment

Originally posted by Boddicker View Post
                            This IMO is the best Stephen King adaptation. It captures the feel of King's New England perfectly. So many subplots masterfully handled.

Dodd and the scissors will stay with me forever. Love this movie and alot of replay value!

Comment

"The Dead Zone (1983)".....One of my fave Cronenberg films growing up, and still is to this day. Terrific screenplay/storyline, great direction, strong cast, and some chilling and shocking scenes throughout the movie. Christopher Walken....while not the most attractive man in cinema....delivers a wonderful and thrilling performance as "Johnny". Also nice to see Canadian screen vet..Colleen Dewhurst as "Mrs.Dodd" and cameo appearance by "Road To Anonlea's" Jackie Burroughs. Tom Skerritt(Sheriff), Nicholas Campbell as "Frank", and Brooke Adams(Sara) are all terrific in supporting turns. Martin Sheen is ok, but he really hammed it up here and there. The sequences for "Johnny's" visions are very effective and the music score is haunting. This film is an 80's hit and one of Cronenberg's greatest films!!

10/10

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                                "The Dead Zone (1983)".....One of my fave Cronenberg films growing up, and still is to this day. Terrific screenplay/storyline, great direction, strong cast, and some chilling and shocking scenes throughout the movie. Christopher Walken....while not the most attractive man in cinema....delivers a wonderful and thrilling performance as "Johnny". Also nice to see Canadian screen vet..Colleen Dewhurst as "Mrs.Dodd" and cameo appearance by "Road To Anonlea's" Jackie Burroughs. Tom Skerritt(Sheriff), Nicholas Campbell as "Frank", and Brooke Adams(Sara) are all terrific in supporting turns. Martin Sheen is ok, but he really hammed it up here and there. The sequences for "Johnny's" visions are very effective and the music score is haunting. This film is an 80's hit and one of Cronenberg's greatest films!!

10/10

Comment

Working...
                                X