Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE DEAD ZONE (1983)

[YOUTUBE]Y-yJWMqIcvQ[/YOUTUBE]

Based on the book by Stephen King and directed by David Cronenberg, THE DEAD ZONE tells the story of one Johnny Smith, a man who after spending 5 years in a coma awakens to find himself with a "gift" of being able to see the possible/probable futures of those he touches.

Stars Christopher Walken, Martin Sheen, Herbert Lom, Tom Skerritt, Anthony Zerbe, Colleen Dewhurst

Classic Cronenberg from his period between VIDEODROME & THE FLY and one of, if not the best of Stephen King adaptations.

I actually have not saw this, or knew about it.

Comment

Huge fan of the Dead Zone. King's ideas are great, but a lot of the reading is very much "lowest common denominator". I actually like the film more than the book. The same goes for The Shining.
      http://lmbproductions.com/

Comment

while it's not my favorite cronenberg, it definitely is a movie that requires multiple viewings. when i first saw it i liked it, though i was a bit disappointed. it didn't really seem like a cronenberg movie, like anyone could've directed it. it was only on repeat viewings that i picked up on the cronenberg touches. they're more subtle than in other films, but they are there.

Comment

I'm not sure where it would rank among my favorite Cronenberg or King films, but I really liked it. I think it can only get better with multiple viewings. And I really can't say enough great things about Walken in it. It's definitely one of my favorite performances of his.

Comment

Defintely in my top cronenberg movies i really loved this flick probably the best movie Christopher Walken movie ever. Who can forget the infamous scissor scene

Comment

Still haven't seen this. I know. I suck.
              Assassins"Official Facebook Page"

Check out my NEW official website HERE.

Comment

A good little flick that has alot of replay value. Chris Walken fits into that role nicely.

Comment

Great film. Would be pretty far down my list of favorites from Cronenberg, but only because his catalogue is so ridiculously strong.

Comment

I agree with tibber. It doesn't seem like a Cronenberg film at first, but after multiple viewings the film gets better and better. It has become one of my favorites movies in any genre. Christopher Walken is superb, and Martin Sheen is excellent as the senator(?). It often seems like it gets overlooked among the rest of Cronenberg's resume, which is a shame as it probably the best King adaptation next to Shawshank.

Comment

Originally posted by themaskofsatan View Post
                      Defintely in my top cronenberg movies i really loved this flick probably the best movie Christopher Walken movie ever. Who can forget the infamous scissor scene
                      Dude. I'm sorry I had to stalk you but what the heck is that picture from on your sig? I sent a message to your profile but you never responded.
                      Assassins"Official Facebook Page"

Check out my NEW official website HERE.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBonomo View Post
                        Dude. I'm sorry I had to stalk you but what the heck is that picture from on your sig? I sent a message to your profile but you never responded.
                        Barbarella noob.

Tits within.
                        [YOUTUBE]-RzA0djK_Bg[/YOUTUBE]
                        Last edited by depecheanix; 07-24-2008, 07:02 PM.

Comment

This is a really strong, often overlooked film. Walken is amazing, probably my favorite role of his.

Comment

King, Cronenberg, Walken... decent combo.
                            LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

This movie was good...maybe even better in this one instance than Stephen King's story...
                              Buzzy's DVD's
                              http://buzzy.dvdaf.com/

- GOLD TRADER -

Comment

Working...
                              X