What Ever Happened To Baby Jane? (1962)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever happened to Baby Jane?

Who's seen this? If so, how did you feel about it? It's not that well known nowadays, but I'm sure more than a few here have watched it before.

Regardless, it's a classic horror film for its time, and was made with great direction, incredible acting, and stylish cinematography. It tells the story of two sisters who used to be major movie stars but faded from the starlight; each for their own reason. They both live in the same house; one being crippled, and they both can't stand eachother. Naturally, one sister has much dominance over the other.

Anyway, for those who don't know it stars Bette Davis and Joan Crawford, huge actresses for their time who couldn't stand eachother in real life. That, to me, is what makes their performances so great. They play characters who battle eachother, so alot of that wasn't acting, per se. They also tortured eachother on set, haha.

Okay, I'm done rambling now. Go ahead, your thoughts?

Comment

i saw it a long time ago and i recall liking it. i think i need to see it again.

Comment

It was a good movie. Bette Davis was insane.

Comment

One of my favorites. A 5 star movie in my opinion.

Comment

Good to hear that people enjoy it as much as I do. Tibber, I definitely suggest you watch it again.

Comment

I love this movie. Joan Crawford was excellent too!
              It was a great play out of their long fued

Comment

Great classic horror, and surprisingly morbid for its time.
                Movie Ratings:
                Tourist Trap - 5.5/10
                Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - 7/10
                Lethal Weapon - 8/10
                The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
                The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10

Comment

Originally posted by SlightlyDemented View Post
                  surprisingly morbid for its time.
                  Yeah, it was twisted for a movie of it's type back in those days.

Comment

I love this film - it's a bit more twisted than u think too..

Love Hush, Hush Sweet Charlott as well plus all the other 'spin offs?

How Aweful about Allan?

Who Slew Aunt Roo?

What's the matter with Helen?
                    Arkham Drive-In - The Home of Lovecraftian Film Trailers

Comment

I like Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte because it was a good flick, but to this day I don't compare it to Baby Jane... mostly because Joan Crawford wasn't in it. Though they were rivals, Crawford and Davis put incredible performances in Baby Jane because they both fought to death for that Oscar and out-performed themselves in every single scene. It's funny to read about, actually. I just don't get the "feel" from Hush, hush.

Comment

I really wana see this film but I don't want to waste over $20 on the dvd when I know Im not sure that I will like it or not. If anyone wants to trade let me know.

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher Freak View Post
                          I really wana see this film but I don't want to waste over $20 on the dvd when I know Im not sure that I will like it or not. If anyone wants to trade let me know.
                          If you liked Psycho, you'll definitely like this.

Comment

It's been a favorite of mine ever since I was a little kid. It's fabulous. I really need to see it again.
                            A hobby should pass the time, not fill it.

Comment

It's horribly scary!

Comment

Absolutely excellent film. This is a film that really plays into the phrase, "They sure don't make them like the used." Davis and Crawford at their finest.

ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
                                +26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007

Comment

Working...
                                X