What Ever Happened To Baby Jane? (1962)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcilroga View Post
    If you liked Psycho, you'll definitely like this.
    Yes, I do.

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

I think its a great film and do own it. It was one of the first films that I bought, well DVDs I bought. I remember see'ing this about 10 years ago for the first time and always remebered liking it. At parts the acting seemed a little cheesy by B.Davis but over all a very good film. Something everyone one should see, but not own, depending on how you feel about older films.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrorholic View Post
        Absolutely excellent film. This is a film that really plays into the phrase, "They sure don't make them like the used." Davis and Crawford at their finest.
        Well from what i heard B.Davis was basically past her prime and was given a final shot, I think they werent even going to use her and I wouldnt say at her finest either but she was still overall very good.

Comment

I remember the first time I saw this film, and it was absolutely amazing. There were parts that were so bizarre, like when Baby Jane was singing to herself, killing the bird, rat, etc.
          then there were hilarious parts. I went out the next day and bought it on DVD. My brother tried to watch it, but he said he didn't like the black and white... oh well.
          To sum it up, it was a great film, with amazing actresses.
          sigpic
          Clarissa Vaughn: I remember one morning getting up at dawn, there was such a sense of possibility. You know, that feeling? And I remember thinking to myself: So, this is the beginning of happiness. This is where it starts. And of course there will always be more. It never occurred to me it wasn't the beginning. It was happiness. It was the moment. Right then.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilti De-walt View Post
            Well from what i heard B.Davis was basically past her prime and was given a final shot
            Both Davis and Crawford were well past their prime then, the film managed to rejuvenate their careers for a while longer.

Comment

Whatever happened to Baby Jane?

I just watched this tonight for the first time. All I can say is wow. The film is fantastic. Bette Davis and Joan Crawford are insane in this flick! Davis really takes her role and runs with it. Fantastic! And, It must be said, the film is genuinely creepy in some scenes. 10/10 EXCELLENT macabre thriller.

Thoughts on this flick?
              2014 Horror Draft:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
              Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
              I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
              Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
              Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
              Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
              Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
              The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
              Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
              Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

Comment

Of course they were both insane in the film, they hated each other in real life. It added to the tension.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ_01976 View Post
                  Of course they were both insane in the film, they hated each other in real life. It added to the tension.
                  Yeah. Agreed. I really did get chills in that movie. Excellent piece of filmmaking.
                  2014 Horror Draft:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
                  Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
                  I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
                  Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
                  Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
                  Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
                  Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
                  The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
                  Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
                  Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

Comment

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...ad.php?t=15808

I actually made this thread.

Anyway, What ever happened to Baby Jane? is one of my favorite horror films ever. You probably know both Davis and Crawford hated eachother in real life, because of their competition to be the first actress to get three Academy Awards (or maybe you don't?)... so this added to their acting as they played characters who hated eachother in the film. They tried to upstage eachother.

Anyway, they did sneaky little shit while on the set. Davis actually kicked Crawford in that one scene, and she also made sure she had a personal Coca Cola machine, given that Crawford's husband was the president of Pepsi. Crawford made sure the wig Bette Davis wore for the film was the same one she'd worn years previously for one of her films. Crawford told Bette this the day shooting ended, and she was pissed.

What a rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by I am a HORROR movie!!! View Post
                      Yeah. Agreed. I really did get chills in that movie. Excellent piece of filmmaking.
                      This film also saved both of their careers too. They were both considered 'over the hill' by many at the time it was shot, and the film recharged the box office revenue for both after it came out.

Comment

It’s definitely a memorable picture. The dynamic between the two was brilliant. This was the time when horrors and thrillers were actually eligible for an Academy Award Nomination, something that is completely unheard of now.

If you liked this one you’d probably like ‘Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte’ that is personally my favorite Bette Davis flick.

Comment

Originally posted by I am a HORROR movie!!! View Post
                          I just watched this tonight for the first time. All I can say is wow. The film is fantastic. Bette Davis and Joan Crawford are insane in this flick! Davis really takes her role and runs with it. Fantastic! And, It must be said, the film is genuinely creepy in some scenes. 10/10 EXCELLENT macabre thriller.

Thoughts on this flick?
                          loved the movie bette davies did another one called hush hush sweet charlotte that was exellent too

Comment

Yes...WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE? is a true classic.
                            I would love to see it adapted to the stage, and get the opportunity to direct it.
                            LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH!

NekromantK

Comment

I wathced this movie on Chiller a few weeks back and it blew me away. This movie is classic in every sense of the word.
                              Everytime that Jane would "feed" her sister, it just made me feel un easy. OR when she would sing to herself or for others, it just felt awkward to watch.
                              Great tension in the movie, great story, and over all a great watch for anyone. Not even just horror or thriller fans, ANYONE!

I hear this movie is getting remade with two guys to replace Jane and Blanche Hudson.....HOW CAN THEY!!!????!!!

Thirty Minutes Of Less: 8/10
                              Tucker And Dale Vs Evil: 10/10
                              I Love You Phillip Morris: 7/10
                              Friday The 13th Pt. 3: 8/10

Comment

I wanna see this film.

Please PM me if anyone can get me a copy.

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

Working...
                                X