THE COMPANY OF WOLVES

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Haine View Post
    I just finished watching it. All trite allegory and conventional symbolism aside, it was ho-hum. It is to horror what LEGEND is to fantasy: pretty but insubstantial. And the use of real wolves in werewolf flicks never ceases to annoy me.
    Agreed with the use of real wolves... Give me fucking monsters, snarling unholy beasts, not national geographic... I want a complete devoid of reality when it comes to creatures. That said I love Company of Wolves, I consider it more a dark fantasy than horror. It's a beautiful film that is yes less on substance, but this was a film made on a more artistic visceral level, not much on story. A moving portait of gorgeous imagery. Not to mention the performances and fx are spot on kick ass and imaginative. BTW LEGEND: Director's cut is the version you need to see.

I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by DripDrome View Post
      Wonderful movie. Probably the best werewolf transformation outside An American Werewolf in London.
      Huh? Other than the face, it's just a guy's normal, human back twitching. Rather boring. The transformation in Trick 'r Treat destroys it.

Comment

I really liked this movie, yeah it's a deep movie but I those from time to time along w/ some mindless fun flicks when your brain needs a rest.

Comment

Having recently watched it again for the first time in decades, I still found myself immensely enjoying this dark and ambivalent fantasy of sexual awakening and the perils that lie therein. If you come to this expecting something along the lines of The Howling or An American Werewolf In London you may well be disappointed.
          Join me in The Mortuary

Comment

I love the visuals in this film and defo put it up there as one of the greatest werewolf films ever!

Comment

Working...
            X