• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soylent Green(1973)

Director:Richard Fleischer

Genre:Mystery,Sci-Fi,Thriller

Starring:Charlton Heston,Leigh Taylor-Young

Plot:A tale of Earth in despair in 2022. Natural food like fruits, vegetables, and meat among others are now extinct. Earth is overpopulated and New York City has 40 million starving, poverty stricken people. The only way they survive is with water rations and eating a mysterious food called Soylent. A detective investigates the murder of the president of the Soylent company. The truth he uncovers is more disturbing than the Earth in turmoil when he learns the secret ingredient of Soylent Green. Written by Mystic80

In the year 2022, earth's face has completely changed. New York's population, for example, has grown to 40 million mouths to feed. The greenhouse effect has risen the temperature into nearly unbearable regions, and the people are kept in the cities by law. The rich live in separated luxury apartments (with women as part of the rented furniture) but also experience the lack of natural food. Strawberries are at $150 for a glass of them. Police Detective Thorn investigates a strange murdering case of an official from the Soylent corporation, which feeds the masses with a palette of their creations: Soylent red, yellow, or, even more nutritious, green. Written by Julian Reischl {julianreischl@mac.com}

The year is 2022. New York City has become overpopulated with 40 million people and pollution has caused the temperature to be risen and all natural resources have been destroyed, leaving 40 million people starving. The Soylent Company has create a new food product, Soylent Green. In the overpopulated and polluted New York City, police detective Thorn is assigned to investigate the brutal murder of an corporate official of the Soylent company, William R. Simonson. Thorn's investigation into Simonson's murder leads him to uncover a conspiracy in the Soylant company and the Soylent Green food product itself, where Thorn uncovers the horrible truth about Soylent Green. Written by Daniel Williamson

In the year 2022, overpopulation and the greenhouse effect have made life extremely difficult for the majority of people. The population of New York City is 40 million and the constant heat is unbearable. The city's infrastructure has broken down. Water is rationed and fresh food is virtually non-existent. Rather, most of the population live on soylent green, made from ocean vegetation and formed into tasteless green wafers. In this environment Detective Robert Thorn is assigned to investigate the death of William Simonson who was ultra-rich and didn't suffer any of life's hardships. He was killed with a blow to the head and it was all made to look like an interrupted break-in but Thorn is convinced early on that it was an assassination. Thorn learns that Simonson was a member of the Board of the Soylent Corporation but had recently become sad and morose. What, Thorn wonders would make such a rich man unhappy. Written by garykmcd

SPOILER (just in case you haven't seen Futurama

"Soylent Green Is Peopleeeeee!!!!!"

Gotta love it! Classic flick
    "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

Comment

Originally posted by fezz View Post

I recall that episode of Futurama....and yes it is a great flick....it deserves alittle bit of credit..

Comment

Yes, certainly a must watch, and a very convincing future for being pictured in the early 70s.
        "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

Comment

Very convincing....Charlton Heston always seems to find himself in these odd future based films....

Comment

FUCK YOUR SPOILER!
            [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/MOE+LESDER][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/ice/MOE+LESDER.png[/img][/url][/center]

Comment

This is a great movie. I even read the book the movie was based off of. The book's title is Make Room! Make Room! but I forgot the authors name.

Comment

Originally posted by __Kaylafornia View Post
                FUCK YOUR SPOILER!
                Yeah I agree, should use something better when you go and talk about a *****SPOILER***** or just use the spoiler button.

Comment

Originally posted by pumkinheadfan View Post
                  This is a great movie. I even read the book the movie was based off of. The book's title is Make Room! Make Room! but I forgot the authors name.
                  The Author was Harry Harrison, definitely a great movie, took me years to find a copy on DVD.

After years of using Proactiv my face couldn't look any better. What do you think?

http://zombiexaz.mybrute.com

I wish Zombiex would be elected President!

Comment

Way to completely ruin the movie for people haven't seen it yet ya fucking douche!!

Anyways this is a fantastic movie, one of the best from the 1970's, if you haven't seen it yet and the movie hasn't been ruined by this idiots amazingly discreet spoiler then you must.

Comment

My video store got this as a rental, and after watching the movie for years on old television or even older vhs, I thought the transfer of this film was exquisite. + Charlton Heston can do no wrong in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Malfeitor View Post
                        My video store got this as a rental, and after watching the movie for years on old television or even older vhs, I thought the transfer of this film was exquisite. + Charlton Heston can do no wrong in my book.
                        Charlton is the man!

Blood. Sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos

Comment

thx for ruining it u big turd!!!!!
                          Recent Movies Watched

Nail Gun Massacre 6/10

Return to sleepaway camp 7.5/10

Raptor 3.5/10

Jaws 9/10

Deadtime stories 5/10

Comment

I watched a film called cloud atlas that kept referencing soylent green!

Comment

Looking back the last scene with Edward G. Robinson is actually really touching now knowing it was his last film before he died. Great performance by Charlton Heston as well.
                              "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Comment

Working...
                              X