Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue (1974) AKA (Let Sleeping Corpses Lie)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kupotek View Post
    I can send you a copy of The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue (1974)
    Thank you for offering Kupotek. But I ended up finding it on Amazon. Do you know of a way I can get a hold of The Horde though?

Respect.

Twitter
    Facebook
    Soundcloud

Comment

FINALLY tracked down a copy of this, with the title Let Sleeping Corpses Lie. Slow to start, but the film definitely finds its groove when our heroes go down into the churchyard crypt. I loved that miserable old police detective in it - what a crabby old fuck, eh?
      Drink, si! Loco, si! But I tell you true... - Town Drunk: Imboca, Spain

Comment

Easily in my top 5 zombie favorites. This is a truly unique film, and very important in the timeline of zombie cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
          Easily in my top 5 zombie favorites. This is a truly unique film, and very important in the timeline of zombie cinema.
          Excellent way to put it my friend. Finally it gets it's true credit.
          I think I'm going to watch this again tonight.

Twitter
          Facebook
          Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
            Agree completely.
            KITTYSAFE.NET
            Facebook | Website
            | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

I love this film. Doc said it best. It truly is a unique film.

Comment

Anchor Bay Tin Set

Does anyone have the Tin Set that Anchor Bay studios put out about 8-9 years back, really awesome looking Tin set. I'm a buyer, if there's any sellers out there!

Comment

I saw that they recently released a blu ray of this but i think ill pass on it. the transfer on the dvd i got a few years back was done extremely well and i cant see much of an upgrade on its already awesome picture.
                  sigpic
                  "The Next morning, while they were eating, Harold stood up and walked out of the hut. He climbed up on the roof and trotted back and forth, like a horse on its hind legs. All day and all night, he trotted like that. In the morning Harold climbed down and stood in a far corner of the pasture. The men had no idea what he would do next. They were afraid."

Comment

Very well-made zombie flick with some cool effects, beautiful filming locations, & oozes atmosphere. I saw this for the first time well over a year ago & loved every second of it.

I loved the scene when they were fending off zombies in the church.

Commando Fans: Your Source for all things Commando

Comment

One of my favorite zombie films of all times. This would be a great one to watch with some friends.

Comment

Originally posted by mmyersisgod View Post
                        One of my favorite zombie films of all times. This would be a great one to watch with some friends.
                        Mine too. It has a very unique and sinister atmosphere. Everything is great about it from the slow build-up to the twist in the end. Truly a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by mmyersisgod View Post
                          If only i had any

Comment

Originally posted by omega0s View Post
                            If only i had any
                            I'll come watch it with you lol, Canada is only a 2 1/2 hr drive lol.

Comment

5 viewings of this and it still remains my favourite zombie film...the atmosphere just cannot be beaten by any other zombie flick if you ask me.
                              When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Comment

Caught this for the first time last night on Netflix. Hey, guess what I noticed??? The atmosphere!! european hilltops, gothic crypts, and graveyards. It was great. I liked the zombies, and their different eyes. It made them look more menacing in a way, and actually gave the zombies sort of a personality without having to waver from being that non personality. Some cool gore scenes, including a straight up tit rip that I cringed/chuckled at. Actually did some research on the film after watching it, and heard about some unseen scene where a woman eats an eyeball. Ha, you can clearly see in the film where the lady reaches for the mans eye, but then the scene skips entirely to her grabbing for something else. Cool piece of fact I guess. Would have liked to have seen it though haha

Still, it takes a while to get to the point, and you may find yourself tapping your foot as you wait for that to happen. It's a slow burn film that doesn't really need to be, since the plot is bone thin. Overall, it worked for me though, so I would rate this movie a 7.5/10

Comment

Working...
                                X