Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue (1974) AKA (Let Sleeping Corpses Lie)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue (1974) AKA (Let Sleeping Corpses Lie)

I couldn't find a thread dedicated entirely to this but either way I'm gonna make one feel free to delete the thread if their is already one

Non si deve profanare il sonno dei morti (Do Not Speak Ill of the Dead[1]), better known as The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue or Let Sleeping Corpses Lie[1] is a 1974 horror film written and directed by Jorge Grau and starring Ray Lovelock, Arthur Kennedy and Cristina Galbó.

Probably regarded as a cult classic you either love it or hate it I happen to adore it and I'd easily put it in a top 10 zombie list.

Chock full of suspense, great gore and a abrupt ending the movie is definitely a classic in my eyes. As I said you either love it or hate it some people regard it as too "slow" but each to his own.

Oh and massive heads up to the first zombie who rises out of the water damn he plays a zombie well..anyway Discuss!
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

This movie kicked serious ass. It had an original idea for the reason of the dead returning to life. I enjoyed how the long-hair got his revenge at the end

Comment

One main reason I loved the movie was basically the zombies!

Seriously man top notch acting for the zombies here, and also its awesome how they use weapons, but still remain slow and rigid.
      When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Comment

I like that one scene where the photographer gets attacked and the flashbulb keeps goin off. Also there was some serious gore in the graveyard scene and at the end at the hospital shit hits the fan!

Comment

Indispose you're the fuckin man Im gunna go smoke a tremendous bong, lay in bed, and rewatch this gem. Thanks for getting me motivated bro thats what the fuck im talkin about

Comment

Haha yeah I plan on re watching it soon!

Enjoy mate...fucking masterpiece right here.

Comment

Great film. If you haven't seen it and like Romero films you'll love this. NOTLD was a influence according to the director.

Comment

Watching this as we speak, great little movie. Here's a screencap or two I took I really enjoyed.

KITTYSAFE.NET
                Facebook | Website
                | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

I just picked this up a couple weeks ago at a flea market. There was a cult video store at it and they had a bunch of old Anchor Bay horror dvds for 7 bucks, sealed and brand new. I got this, Cat O Nine Tails, The Black Cat (Fulci), and Night of The Lepus.

This movie was awesome though. The last half hour was pretty intense. Good gore and suspense!
                  Detective Cameron: I got good news and bad news, girls. The good news is your dates are here.

Sorority Sister: What's the bad news?

Detective Cameron:They're dead.

http://sobaditsawesome.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VeryEvilDead View Post
                    I just picked this up a couple weeks ago at a flea market. There was a cult video store at it and they had a bunch of old Anchor Bay horror dvds for 7 bucks, sealed and brand new. I got this, Cat O Nine Tails, The Black Cat (Fulci), and Night of The Lepus.

This movie was awesome though. The last half hour was pretty intense. Good gore and suspense!
                    LUCKY YOU! I've been looking for this movie for a while now...still no luck.

Twitter
                    Facebook
                    Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by xXFacelessXx View Post
                      LUCKY YOU! I've been looking for this movie for a while now...still no luck.
                      Netflix has it. Or are you looking for a legit copy to own?
                      Check out my horror blog:

http://www.noroominhell.com

Comment

It's on Karagarga
                        KITTYSAFE.NET
                        Facebook | Website

Comment

Originally posted by mmhersh View Post
                          Netflix has it. Or are you looking for a legit copy to own?
                          I want to own it. Add it to my collection.

Twitter
                          Facebook
                          Soundcloud

Comment

This is one of my favorite zombie films and it is terrible that it is so overlooked by people. I find the whole cause behind the zombification to be very original.
                            My review of The Skull over at Horror Movie Empire
                            http://horrormovieempire.com/reviews/?p=25

Follow my Tweets...
                            http://twitter.com/Horror_Crypt

Comment

Most definitely, this was a refreshing take on the zombie mythos. I really enjoyed it from beginning to end, which is more than I can say for most zombie movies which I seem to just enjoy bits scattered throughout the movie.

Zombi 2 is another great one.
                              KITTYSAFE.NET
                              Facebook | Website

Comment

Working...
                              X