The Brood (1979)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Brood (1979)

Plot Synopsis: A man's wife is under the care of an eccentric psychiatrist who uses innovative and theatrical techniques to breach the psychological blocks in his patients. When their daughter comes back from a visit with mom and she's covered with bruises and welts, the father attempts to bar his wife from seeing the daughter, but faces resistance from the secretive psychiatrist. Meanwhile, the wife's mother and father are attacked by deformed children, and the husband begins to suspect a connection with the psychiatrist's methods.

Has anyone ever seen this? I bought it at Moviestop on instinct since I love david cronenberg's other works i've seen and damn, it was really sickening toward the end. I loved it though and give it 4/5 stars.
    Last edited by cluntdike; 11-02-2005, 08:41 PM.
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=cluntdike10

i loved this movie! sort of slow-paced at first, but once i started to realize what was going on with that lady and her creepy old man-ish midget offspring, i was in paradise...especially when she bites that umbilical cord. top notch!

Comment

Just one of many great cronenberg flicks, the guy fucking owns straight up.
      Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

Originally posted by caroleledoux
        i loved this movie! sort of slow-paced at first, but once i started to realize what was going on with that lady and her creepy old man-ish midget offspring, i was in paradise...especially when she bites that umbilical cord. top notch!
        shit yea and then she starts licking the fetus, damn that was fucked up! i loved it.
        http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=cluntdike10

Comment

Cronenberg is a cinematic genius. This film is one of many that proves this...

Comment

this is one of my favorites. very good work.

Comment

Meh, it was alright. Interesting ending... shame it took that long to get interesting.
              A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sav's My Space

Comment

it's got a shitty pace, but it's still sheer genius. i heard somewhere that cronenberg was going through a divorce at the time, and made the character of Nola with his ex in mind. now that's therapy!
                myspace: thefeelofcotton

i bet you rub cotton and eggs on your dick.
                How did he know?!~

Comment

its a good one,not my favourite of his but still has its creepy moments.Id say his best flick in my opinion is Shivers.Ive seen Shivers over and over and like it more with each viewing.The Brood is a must have for any Cronenberg fan tho,I just got the Criterion Dead Ringers disc,Im gonna pop that in the dvd player soon.Ive never seen it before,hope its great like all his others I have watched

My girl hated my horror movie collection so I dumped her ass

(+113)Platinum trade status,been a long time comming)

The DVD Collection
                  http://jlockraw.dvdaf.com/owned

Comment

Im not a big Cronenberg fan at all, but I must say The BROOD is very good as well as SHIVERS,which is fantastic. And ofcourse you cant forget on eof the all time greatest horror films ever made THE FLY.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVideoNasty View Post
                      its a good one,not my favourite of his but still has its creepy moments.Id say his best flick in my opinion is Shivers.Ive seen Shivers over and over and like it more with each viewing.The Brood is a must have for any Cronenberg fan tho,I just got the Criterion Dead Ringers disc,Im gonna pop that in the dvd player soon.Ive never seen it before,hope its great like all his others I have watched
                      SPACE BUTTON. PLEASE. YOUR POSTS GIVE ME SEIZURES.

How did he know?!~

Comment

i said this in another thread about it, but this movie is a prime example of cronenberg's ability to make a great film out of a silly primise. i doubt any other director could have made it work.

Comment

i wanna see this film.

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher Freak View Post
                            i wanna see this film.
                            wtf r u waiting for?

How did he know?!~

Comment

Originally posted by Cotton the Egg Man View Post
                              wtf r u waiting for?
                              wtf u type lyk dis n complain bout spce bar?

The Brood has recently become one of my favorite Cronenberg films (which is saying a lot, as he really has done no wrong in my mind)

Comment

Working...
                              X