Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clownhouse (1989)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Will do i'll watch it tonight after band practice

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by T.C.F View Post
      Will do i'll watch it tonight after band practice
      Please do!

      That would be way cool if you were a part of Thy Art Is Murder.


      Wonderful band from Australia.

      What is your band called?



      Twitter
      Facebook
      Soundcloud

      Comment


      • #18
        I'll make sure to and let you know tomorrow what it's like.Oh cool i'll check em out i haven't heard of them before the band i'm in is called Frank Rizzo,lol.Just like thrash/hardcore/metal music check us on myspace www.myspace.com/frankrizzomusic if ya want.I'm just about to leave work now for prac so i'll be sure to get in touch first thing tomorrow morning....speak soon.

        Comment


        • #19
          It's pretty good, but nothing to get too excited about. The acting is decent, it's pretty creepy and even a little disturbing, it's entertaining though a bit slow, and if you like slasher films with more mood and suspense than blood and guts you'll likely enjoy it.


          Movies recently seen:

          The Boneyard- 6/10
          Clash of the Titans '10- 8/10
          The Exorcist- 10/10
          Wrath of the Titans- 7/10
          Zombie- 8/10

          Comment


          • #20
            I hate to divert the thread BUT on the subject of Victor Salva....

            He served his time and he's beaten all the statistics by not reoffending. He's very ashamed of what he did and now always has another (specifically hired) person there when he works with kids.

            I'm not defending him, but Jeepers Creepers 2 was a fun movie and I'd hate to think people didn't give it a chance just because the director did something stupid in his past.
            The second issue of my not-for-profit horror zine/newsletter, 'Why Do I Like Stupid Horror Movies?' is available now at my blog, if you find a spare $2 in your Paypal account - go buy it please. I'd appreciate it . This issue comes with a mix-tape and a 'screenplay snippets' one-sheet. Also, I love trades (for anything, but especially zines).
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by BrotherofTears View Post
              It's pretty good, but nothing to get too excited about. The acting is decent, it's pretty creepy and even a little disturbing, it's entertaining though a bit slow, and if you like slasher films with more mood and suspense than blood and guts you'll likely enjoy it.
              I think I will, I really want to see it. Speaking of which I thought I ordered this movie over a website called UK2USA, I ordered it on the 13th and today they said they couldn't ship it out....pissed me off because it was a good price at $17.61, now I have to get it somewhere for MORE!

              Now that I'm done bitching, onto the subject: people are still deverting to Salva and what he did. We are fully aware of this, but Nova is right.

              You can't just completely give up on the guy. It makes sense that people wouldn't want to support him after what he did, but just because Salva is a bad person doesn't necessarily mean that WE can't watch his movies. He has put out some really good movies and I think either way they are worth watching.



              Twitter
              Facebook
              Soundcloud

              Comment


              • #22
                Hahaha i watched Clownhouse lastnight was pretty cool,a little slow through parts and i reckon the clown with the orange hair was the one that was most disturbing the other two clowns i didn't think were all that great but are still ok,i would of shit myself watching this when i was younger for sure,lol.Definitley worthy of a watch at least.
                Hey Faceless if you want a copy i'd be more than happy to burn it for you and send it over to you if you want would be no problems i could just send it here from work just let me know.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by T.C.F View Post
                  Hahaha i watched Clownhouse lastnight was pretty cool,a little slow through parts and i reckon the clown with the orange hair was the one that was most disturbing the other two clowns i didn't think were all that great but are still ok,i would of shit myself watching this when i was younger for sure,lol.Definitley worthy of a watch at least.
                  Hey Faceless if you want a copy i'd be more than happy to burn it for you and send it over to you if you want would be no problems i could just send it here from work just let me know.
                  I would absolutely love a copy!!!

                  Thanks so much man! I can't find this movie anywhere else (that is cheaper than $50).

                  Yes please! Add me as a friend and I'll send you a private message. It will be in good quality right?



                  Twitter
                  Facebook
                  Soundcloud

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Wouldn't mind checking this movie out, but for that price screw that.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Horror Chase View Post
                      Wouldn't mind checking this movie out, but for that price screw that.
                      Same thing I said.

                      But I still want to check it out like WAY fucking bad,



                      Twitter
                      Facebook
                      Soundcloud

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Horror Chase View Post
                        Wouldn't mind checking this movie out, but for that price screw that.
                        I ended up buying it on VHS a while back as that was the only price I was willing to pay. I know many don't do the VHS thing anymore but think you can still get it relatively cheap. I think I paid five or six bucks total with shipping included.

                        EDIT: Never mind that.....I see the VHS is going for over 20 bucks (see the DVD for 17 bucks out there). I didn't buy it too long ago so got a little lucky I guess with the price.
                        Last edited by Outpost #31; 06-20-2009, 03:26 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by xXFacelessXx View Post
                          Same thing I said.

                          But I still want to check it out like WAY fucking bad,
                          OH me too, but it's a steep price.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by xXFacelessXx View Post
                            Same thing I said.

                            But I still want to check it out like WAY fucking bad,
                            If you can get a free copy from someone I say go for it and don't worry about the quality too much. To me, $5 is overpriced for this movie because I thought it was absolutely horrible and cheesy. If I had watched it as a kid I think it would have probably scared the hell out of me, but now....

                            You've said you're scared of clowns though so it might have a totally different effect on you.




                            The Obligatory DVD List - I'm not a trader. Just a show-off.

                            "The three most terrifying things in the world are werewolves, clowns and unplanned pregnancy."

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by AnneGwish View Post
                              If you can get a free copy from someone I say go for it and don't worry about the quality too much. To me, $5 is overpriced for this movie because I thought it was absolutely horrible and cheesy. If I had watched it as a kid I think it would have probably scared the hell out of me, but now....

                              You've said you're scared of clowns though so it might have a totally different effect on you.
                              That's what I was thinking of. T.C.F said he would burn me a copy and ship it. I figured as bad as I want to see the movie, paying anything ain't worth it.

                              And that's what I'm hoping. I'm deathly terrified of clowns and I want to see if this movie can really up that scale. I want to be scared!



                              Twitter
                              Facebook
                              Soundcloud

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Watched this today, i new about the pedophile shit the director did with the main character before watching this.

                                but watching the film and there was a couple scenes where the kid is in the bath tub... and another where he pissed his bed and took off his boxers... Makes me fucking sick and think about what the kid probably went through.

                                ill never watch another film from this pedo again, Kinda sad he made the jeepers creepers films too but w/e

                                fuck him

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X