No announcement yet.

Clownhouse (1989)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to watch this all the time when i was young. It's was very creepy and had some alright tension. It doesn't have the same effect now that i'm older but i'll still watch it every once in a while.

If you're scared of clows though you won't wanna touch this.

Comment

just watched this film for the first time, it wasn't really scary, was pretty slow, and it had a couple moments of creepiness.

I bet it would have scared the shit out of me back when I was a young lad, but these days, nothing really phases me.

3/10
      Latest Horror Movies Watched

• La Horde- 6/10
      • The Loved Ones - 8/10
      • American Mary - 4.5/10
      • Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre - 2/10
      • I Spit On Your Grave(2010) - 7.5/10
      • The Human Centipede - 6.5/10
      • Serbian Film - 9/10

Comment

one of my all-time favorites.
        Saw this for the first time when I was about 11-12. Totally scared the shit out of me

Victor Salva is an asshole but he knows how to do a great movie

Comment

Judging this film on it's own merits and not thinking about the controversy behind it, I thought it was quite good.
          The plot was thread bare but there were some great suspenseful scenes and creepy moments which made up for that. The scene when the clowns are following the two kids is particularly effective due to the fact that the kid can't see the clowns behind him, but he can feel something there. I also liked all the shots of the clowns outside of the house and making their way into the house. The build up was quite intense but once all of the kids are aware of the clowns the film loses it's spark for me and falls apart a bit towards the end.
          Overall, it was a decent enough TV film with some well thought out scenes. Salva's a prick though.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

Originally posted by el terror View Post
            Judging this film on it's own merits and not thinking about the controversy behind it, I thought it was quite good.
            The plot was thread bare but there were some great suspenseful scenes and creepy moments which made up for that. The scene when the clowns are following the two kids is particularly effective due to the fact that the kid can't see the clowns behind him, but he can feel something there. I also liked all the shots of the clowns outside of the house and making their way into the house. The build up was quite intense but once all of the kids are aware of the clowns the film loses it's spark for me and falls apart a bit towards the end.
            Overall, it was a decent enough TV film with some well thought out scenes. Salva's a prick though.
            It is a creepy film with a few decent scares, but knowing that the youngest cast member was the directors rape victim it kind of leaves a bad taste your mouth.

NO pun intended.

Comment

i waaannnnaaaaaa seeeee thissssss!
              " Bon Apetit, Bitch! "

Comment

Clown House (1989)

Has anyone seen this? It was an old favorite when I was in elementary school. An old friend suggested renting it once when we and some other friends had an all night horror movie marathon when we were in the 4th grade and it was creepy as fuck. I haven't seen it in probably 20 years or so.

Comment

Holy Shit, the VHS copy I have is going for around $55 on a few sites. The DVD is at $75
                  Sometimes, you just have to be offensive to offensive people - Max Nofziger

Comment

Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
                    Holy Shit, the VHS copy I have is going for around $55 on a few sites. The DVD is at $75
                    Holy shit! The video store that had it went out of business about 13 years ago and they sold all their VHS tapes (they never rented dvds) and I went the 2nd day of the sale to see what they had and it was already gone. Too bad its not on Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by Morningriser View Post
                      Holy shit! The video store that had it went out of business about 13 years ago and they sold all their VHS tapes (they never rented dvds) and I went the 2nd day of the sale to see what they had and it was already gone. Too bad its not on Netflix.
                      It was kind of sad when video stores started to sell off their VHS inventories but also a great time to buy some cheap horror! I remember trying to stop at any place closing out and purchase any cool horror VHS I could find. Only thing that sucked was that I'd usually not hear about places doing the selling off of the tapes. I still look for places closing now but always seem to miss hearing about it. A West Coast Video went down a few towns over and would have liked to see what goodies I could find!

Too bad I only have it on VHS or I'd offer to make you a copy. All of our vcrs have shit the bed or don't work all that great (we had a double decker vhs copying unit but it died about five years ago which sucked). Wonder if they will do a re-issue? Part of me thinks not but if they released a DVD version once they could do it again. I also hold a fond spot for it watching it growing up as a youngster.
                      Sometimes, you just have to be offensive to offensive people - Max Nofziger

Comment

I used to love this film. Such a creepy flick but when I found out about the young star being molested on the set by the director I just went off it.

Comment

Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
                          It was kind of sad when video stores started to sell off their VHS inventories but also a great time to buy some cheap horror! I remember trying to stop at any place closing out and purchase any cool horror VHS I could find. Only thing that sucked was that I'd usually not hear about places doing the selling off of the tapes. I still look for places closing now but always seem to miss hearing about it. A West Coast Video went down a few towns over and would have liked to see what goodies I could find!

Too bad I only have it on VHS or I'd offer to make you a copy. All of our vcrs have shit the bed or don't work all that great (we had a double decker vhs copying unit but it died about five years ago which sucked). Wonder if they will do a re-issue? Part of me thinks not but if they released a DVD version once they could do it again. I also hold a fond spot for it watching it growing up as a youngster.
                          That is a really nice gesture man. I have my old vcr somewhere but haven't used it in a while. Maybe some day it will get a bluray release.

Comment

If you are having difficulty obtaining a physical copy I hope this helps, better than nothing. Might check this out myself.

[YOUTUBE]P0lb2dh3hio[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Great film! If you just want to watch it its on Veehd

Comment

Considering how expensive the dvd version is I found something some of you may be interested in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clownhouse-D...item27cd546a8c

Comment

Working...
                                X