Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Communion (1989)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
    That's because the abduction sequences were supposed to be almost subliminal, like a nightmare. I found the editing in the Black Christmas remake much more jarring.
    Im definitely watching this for our "little game" :/

    For some reason movies like this Fire in the Sky, Night Skies, and even yes the Fourth Kind creep me the fuck out.
    "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

    Comment


    • #17
      ^Intruders is good, also.. but this more plays up the fact that he is probably imagining all of the events. Which is good because I think the 'true story' angle is a load of bs. The author himself even admits he might have just imagined it. So to me, it's more of a psychological horror than a science fiction/alien abduction movie.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
        That's because the abduction sequences were supposed to be almost subliminal, like a nightmare. I found the editing in the Black Christmas remake much more jarring.
        Nothing says "subliminal" like jarring cuts resembling newsbreaks announcing major events. lol

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Heathen View Post
          Nothing says "subliminal" like jarring cuts resembling newsbreaks announcing major events. lol
          I don't even know what you're talking about.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
            I don't even know what you're talking about.
            That's because the meaning is subliminal.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Heathen View Post
              That's because the meaning is subliminal.
              Does not all alien movies, and abductions, includes subliminal messages?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
                Does not all alien movies, and abductions, includes subliminal messages?
                I think you're confusing the subliminal inculcation of alien ideals with your standard extraterrestrial anal probing.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Heathen View Post
                  That's because the meaning is subliminal.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X