Scariest PG rated movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 967-Evil View Post
    When I was a kid it scared me quite a bit.

Dracula Has Risen from the Grave is rated G.
    Yeah, I saw Prochecy when I was young & it was quite scary, even the idea behind it is still scary even if the movie isn't as much.

Comment

I'm sorry but I thought Poltergeist was retarded.

As an above poster said, Jaws [/thread]

Jaws is fucking phenomenal. One of the best movies ever made.
      (I liked Jaws 2 a lot too, but 3 and 4 were garbage!!!)

Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by googoomuck View Post
        You wanna see something Scary?
        When I was a kid and first saw that, I actually ran out of my house I was so scared.

Comment

Tourist Trap, The Legend of Hell House & Burnt Offerings

Comment

The Witches. While its not too bad these days as a child it was downright terrifying.

Comment

My scariest PG rated movie is definitely The Haunting. Psychological horror at its best. As a kid I shit my pants watching Poltergeist, that was quite something. And as of late Dead Silence and the awesome Insidious.

Originally posted by googoomuck View Post
              You wanna see something Scary?
              This is the Twilight Zone Movie, right? I 'll put that on my list.
              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post

This is the Twilight Zone Movie, right? I 'll put that on my list.
                Yeah I won't mention which scene to avoid spoilers but that's the one.

Comment

I don't think it was the scariest movie, but quite a few scenes in Insidious scared the crap out of me. The man pacing out of the window, the screaming on the baby monitor, the person behind the crib, Darth Maul behind the guy's head, the creepy little person.
                  "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

How about The Willies with Sean Astin!!!

The bathroom monster

Comment

Looking back over this thread I can't believe that Jaws, Poltergeist and Tourist Trap were originally released as PG, that's crazy. Definitely scary films.

If those films qualify as PG then I think Salem's Lot was also PG, I remember that scaring me as a kid. Daleks in Dr. Who used to freak me out as well .

Comment

Originally posted by jbahome936 View Post
                        Dude. After I saw Jaws for the first time I was so scared of water that I couldn't sit on the toilet. Way to go PG.
                        Jaws was PG?!?!?!?!

That movie scarred me for life the first time I watched it at age 5. It changed my swimming habits for the next 20 years!!!!!!!!!

I guess we just have to understand there was a difference between 70-80's PG and 90's+ PG. Used to be you had show some kind of nudity to get an R, now you can get one for dropping an F-bomb.
                        Last edited by Boddicker; 01-01-2014, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boddicker View Post
                          Jaws was PG?!?!?!?!

That movie scarred me for life the first time I watched it at age 5. It changed my swimming habits for the next 20 years!!!!!!!!!

I guess we just have to understand there was a difference between 70-80's PG and 90's+ PG. Used to be you had show some kind of nudity to get an R, now you can get one for dropping an F-bomb.
                          You're allowed one "fuck" but it can't be used in a sexual context. As for the nudity Titanic had some and was PG. Not sure about recently but that's the most notable one I can think of.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Jaws is the only PG horror movie that I remember
                            Seeing never seen poltergeist yet

Comment

JAWS and POLTERGEIST. Pretty much it. Spielberg was a Master. He's sort of lost his way now though.
                              "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Carson View Post
                                JAWS and POLTERGEIST. Pretty much it. Spielberg was a Master. He's sort of lost his way now though.
                                His last movie was Lincoln. How has he lost his way?

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                                I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X