No announcement yet.

Alien or Aliens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on my mood really. One's Horror, the other's Sci-Fi.

The story in Aliens is a logical extension of the first, so hard to say which is better, tho easy enough to like one of them more.

I wouldn't call Alien a bare-bones story, it's pretty rich in all, but not much fluff either. It's a basic meaty story that's always good to go back too.

Aliens is a lot like a western to me. Lots of swaggering characters roll into a frontier town to save the folks, cept they're already dead. Can anyone say Custer's Last Stand?
    Last edited by Willowfang; 01-01-2010, 02:08 PM.
    I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

Gonna have to go with Alien. its a pretty tough call tho. As much as I like Aliens, Alien had more horror elements while Aliens was total sci-fi. and with me, horror wins ever time.

"And out of the chaos a voice spoke,'Smile and be happy, for it can always get worse'. And I smiled and I was happy, and things did get worse."

Comment

Alien for sure,it had more atmosphere and and creeped me out
        but Aliens is a bad ass movie though

www.myspace.com/warofwrath

Comment

ALIENS was great but I find the end Queen fight, while technically brilliant, kind of cheesy ("Get away from her you bitch!") and I hate the happy ending. I'm very glad that both Hicks and Newt were killed off in Alien 3. Because the Alien series isn't about 'happy families' and all those cliches.

Comment

never even seen Aliens before

i should check it out sometime though

Comment

id go aliens....both are great

Comment

God, I think I'm going to have to sit on the fence with this one.
                "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                My little idiot..

Comment

Aliens!
                  sigpic
                  "The Next morning, while they were eating, Harold stood up and walked out of the hut. He climbed up on the roof and trotted back and forth, like a horse on its hind legs. All day and all night, he trotted like that. In the morning Harold climbed down and stood in a far corner of the pasture. The men had no idea what he would do next. They were afraid."

Comment

aliens
                    Old man Clemmons hates shit.

Comment

Okay, here's how it goes:

Alien = Aliens > Alien 3 >> Alien Resurrection > Alien vs. Predator >>> Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem

In terms of quality, the series drops from an A+ to an F-.
                      READ ME AT horror films 101
                      03/28/12 - Feature: Candle Cove
                      03/26/12 - Review: The Maker of Gargoyles (Clark Ashton Smith)
                      03/04/12 - Review: The Video Dead (Robert Scott)

Comment

This is a tough one because they both freak the crap out of me. I am going to go with Aliens, only because there are more of the buggers in it and they are all over the damn place!
                        My review of The Skull over at Horror Movie Empire
                        http://horrormovieempire.com/reviews/?p=25

Follow my Tweets...
                        http://twitter.com/Horror_Crypt

Comment

Originally posted by Bloofer_Lady View Post
                          This is a tough one because they both freak the crap out of me. I am going to go with Aliens, only because there are more of the buggers in it and they are all over the damn place!
                          I concur. I'll go Alien as the best thriller. Aliens for action. Fuck... I just can't call it.

Comment

This ones a tough call since I like both for different reasons. Il have to go with aliens.
                            [XBOXLIVE]yngwieclone[/XBOXLIVE]

Comment

Yeah, as much as I love Aliens, it had a great foundation to build on in it's favor.
                              Movie Ratings:
                              Tourist Trap - 5.5/10
                              Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - 7/10
                              Lethal Weapon - 8/10
                              The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
                              The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10

Comment

Arggghhhhhh can i choose both haha

It really depends on my mood both are great.

Depends if i want horror or sci fi action
                                Check out my movie Blog http://wildcinemamoviereviews.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X