Alien or Aliens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SirStoneyOfBow View Post
    but in comparison to Alien as a motion picture it's not in the same league.
    Wow.

I agree.
    People go on about Bill Paxton's character but he was a cowardly foul-mouthed little bitch who gets killed.
    That's saying something for people who think Hudson's a badass. He's so badass, he died.
    Ash was a far better character and with a touch of cynicism and sadism that only a complete non-human could be.
    Wow again... Did someone hijack this guy's account. The Stoney I know wouldn't miss the mark on a character like Hudson. What makes his character great is that hehas some of the most memorable lines in all of film (which are delivered pitch-perfectly) & he's how 99% of us would react in the same situation by succumbing to post-traumatic stress disorder.

And you can say Alien is the better film. I don't agree for they're both neck & neck to me. But to say Alien has more memorable characters is insanity. Who am I talking too?

DVDs

Recent Flicks
    Jurassic World - 7/10
    Speed - 8.5/10
    John Wick - 9.5/10
    The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
    Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
      Wow.

Wow again... Did someone hijack this guy's account. The Stoney I know wouldn't miss the mark on a character like Hudson. What makes his character great is that hehas some of the most memorable lines in all of film (which are delivered pitch-perfectly) & he's how 99% of us would react in the same situation by succumbing to post-traumatic stress disorder.

And you can say Alien is the better film. I don't agree for they're both neck & neck to me. But to say Alien has more memorable characters is insanity. Who am I talking too?
      I agree, the marines from Aliens were far more memorable, you hear people quote Bill Paxtons character a lot on TV- Game Over man, game over.
      sigpic
      Check out our family of horror sites www.drgoremans.com Rent rare horror movies at www.scareflicks.com and watch our web shows on Blip Support Independent Horror!!

Comment

ALIEN is my fav. The first movie is a horror, the second is an action flick.
        Ciao.

My Recordnerd profile

Comment

Paxton had a few memorable lines, sure Mr. Hudson was little more than glorified Xenomorph food . Ian Holm's Ash was just as memorable. He didn't need many quips in his lines to get that right either. He was
          The scene in which he explains the special order to Ripley, Lambert and Parker is by far memorable than any line in Aliens.
          It sticks in my mind more than "Game over man, game over!!".

Comment

Ian Holm's Ash was just as memorable. He didn't need many quips in his lines to get that right either. He was
            The scene in which he explains the special order to Ripley, Lambert and Parker is by far memorable than any line in Aliens.
            Uhhhhhh, no.

It sticks in my mind more than "Game over man, game over!!".
            I'm partial to "how did they cut the power man they're animals!?" &

"Why don't you put her in charge!?" &

"Right, right when someone said alien she thought they said illegal alien & signed up."
            &

"Anytime, anywhere" &

"I say we grease this rat fuck son of a bitch right now!" &

"Maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events but we just got our asses kicked pal!" &

"Yeah right man Bishop should go, good idea"
            &

"Fuck, he's dead. You're dog-meat pal" &

"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"

And that's just Hudson. Don't even get me started on Ripley, Apone, Vasquez, Bishop, Hicks, etc...

DVDs

Recent Flicks
            Jurassic World - 7/10
            Speed - 8.5/10
            John Wick - 9.5/10
            Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Uhhhhhh, no.

I'm partial to "how did they cut the power man they're animals!?" &

"Why don't you put her in charge!?" &

"Right, right when someone said alien she thought they said illegal alien & signed up."
              &

"Anytime, anywhere" &

"I say we grease this rat fuck son of a bitch right now!" &

"Maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events but we just got our asses kicked pal!" &

"Yeah right man Bishop should go, good idea"
              &

"Fuck, he's dead. You're dog-meat pal" &

"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"

And that's just Hudson. Don't even get me started on Ripley, Apone, Vasquez, Bishop, Hicks, etc...
              Yeah... because those lines are just so fuckin awesome.
              I'm surprised you're not a Rob Zombie fan.
              The Ash scene is still far more impressionable.

Comment

Alien, easily! I think I read on the Ultimate Alien thread many pages back that someone thought Aliens was already starting to look dated, I have to totally agree with this. I really noticed this on probably my last two viewings of the sequal.
                I strongly believe Aliens is a better "hollywood" film than Alien, and only better in that sense.

Comment

Yeah... because those lines are just so fuckin awesome.
                  I'm surprised you're not a Rob Zombie fan.
                  The Ash scene is still far more impressionable.
                  Again, you can say Alien is a better film with better atmosphere, acting, whatever. That's fine.. But to come on here and say it's a more quotable film does nothing but make you look foolish. Next you're going tell me it has better action scenes.

Stop being dumb.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                  Jurassic World - 7/10
                  Speed - 8.5/10
                  John Wick - 9.5/10
                  Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Again, you can say Alien is a better film with better atmosphere, acting, whatever. That's fine.. But to come on here and say it's a more quotable film does nothing but make you look foolish. Next you're going tell me it has better action scenes.

Stop being dumb.
                    Wait... what the fuck?

Sorry, but you've just put words in my mouth - did you not just change it from memorable characters to most quotable all of a sudden?
                    As for memorable characters, I merely said I preferred Ash in Alien over anyone in Aliens, Hudson included.
                    Now you've moved the goalposts....
                    I said Ash's moment was in my mind better than anything mentioned than Aliens.

You tell me where I said Alien was more quotable, and I'll say I'm sorry.
                    If you cannot find this.....go have a coke.

Comment

Originally posted by Malfeitor View Post
                      Alien, easily! I think I read on the Ultimate Alien thread many pages back that someone thought Aliens was already starting to look dated, I have to totally agree with this. I really noticed this on probably my last two viewings of the sequal.
                      I strongly believe Aliens is a better "hollywood" film than Alien, and only better in that sense.
                      I dont think Aliens looks too dated, Nothing wrong with it as far as im concerned. And i cant really choose between the two, both are fucking classic. Alien is a lot more claustrophobic though. I can see why many would prefer Alien.
                      Check out my movie Blog http://wildcinemamoviereviews.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

I'm biased... I love Alien so much.

Aliens is fantastic as well, Hudson is a fucking hoot. But the first Alien film chills me to the core.

Comment

Both are excellent but....

I'll go with Aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoKidVicious View Post
                            Alien.

FAR scarier, more tension and the claustrophobia made it nearly unbareble. Aliens was Camerons usual idea that 10x bigger and 10x techy means better film, which is doesn't. I respect him greatly, but I never saw what people saw in Aliens. It's a great film, but it doesn't match the original in terms of its harrowing nature.
                            TOTALLY agreeing with you.

Comment

Originally posted by caroleledoux View Post
                              TOTALLY agreeing with you.
                              Yeah Alien is way scarier than Aliens. But i really like them both for different reasons. I dont know if i can choose

Maybe i choose Alien seeing as it started it all and because its one of the best sci fi horrors. If not the best.
                              Check out my movie Blog http://wildcinemamoviereviews.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

Alien. It was so far ahead of is time. The production design (based on Gigers paintings) are still mind-blowing to this day!

Comment

Working...
                                X