Alien or Aliens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien or Aliens

Its not often that a movie produces a sequel that is just as good if not better than the original. I think the original movie is great, the actors really made you feel the seclusion of the Nostromo and of course you get to see Gigers Alien creation for the first time on the big screen. However, I think I enjoyed Aliens a little bit more. There was a lot more action and Ripley really asserted herself more so in this film to become one of the top female movie icons she is today. Alien was 2 years before my time so I first watched it on VHS with my parents and I liked it so they took me to the drive-in when Aliens came out. I think that was the best movie I have experienced at a theater. What are your thoughts?
    sigpic
    Check out our family of horror sites www.drgoremans.com Rent rare horror movies at www.scareflicks.com and watch our web shows on Blip Support Independent Horror!!

Aliens for me.

Both are great though. Alien for it's atmosphere and tension. Aliens for it's all out kickass warzone fun. Aliens wins for 2 reasons though...........

1. Ripley. She's fleshed out about 10 fold in the second film. Loved Sigourney in that.

2. The Queen fight. It's too awesome.

Comment

Dont have a fav.. both are great for seperate reasons.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
      2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
      3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
      4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
      5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
      6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
      7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
      8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
      9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
      10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

Alien definitely. I love Aliens but I feel like Alien is a way more solid film.

Comment

ALIEN.

Duh.

Comment

Aliens, but both are pretty solid.

Comment

Alien.

FAR scarier, more tension and the claustrophobia made it nearly unbareble. Aliens was Camerons usual idea that 10x bigger and 10x techy means better film, which is doesn't. I respect him greatly, but I never saw what people saw in Aliens. It's a great film, but it doesn't match the original in terms of its harrowing nature.
              “One day men will look back and say i gave birth to the twentieth century.”

Jack The Ripper

Comment

Can't beat the atomosphere of the original Alien. But I loved Aliens as well. Didn't quite get into Alien 3 or 4 though.

Sig courtesy of awwstin.

My DVD/Blu Ray Collection

Comment

Personally, i'd go with Alien.

But both are good.

A big thank you to the lovely JoeGrizz for making my awesome signature.

Comment

Alien is the better horror film,Aliens is great but the first is the best.Nobody saw that first chestburster scene coming.
                    sigpicMy , What big teeth you have.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoKidVicious View Post
                      Alien.

FAR scarier, more tension and the claustrophobia made it nearly unbareble. Aliens was Camerons usual idea that 10x bigger and 10x techy means better film, which is doesn't. I respect him greatly, but I never saw what people saw in Aliens. It's a great film, but it doesn't match the original in terms of its harrowing nature.
                      Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoKidVicious View Post
                        Alien.

The characters were 10x more memorable in Aliens, but I agree with most of that. But I'd say Aliens. Bill Paxton.

Comment

Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
                          The characters were 10x more memorable in Aliens
                          You really think so? I felt like Ripley was the only memorable character in Aliens for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by superfry View Post
                            ALIEN.

Duh.
                            The only correct answer and response.
                            Aliens is great and the perfect sequel to that degree, but in comparison to Alien as a motion picture it's not in the same league.

Originally posted by awwstin View Post
                            You really think so? I felt like Ripley was the only memorable character in Aliens for the most part.
                            I agree.
                            People go on about Bill Paxton's character but he was a cowardly foul-mouthed little bitch who gets killed.
                            That's saying something for people who think Hudson's a badass. He's so badass, he died.
                            Ash was a far better character and with a touch of cynicism and sadism that only a complete non-human could be.
                            Last edited by SirStoneyOfBow; 01-01-2010, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by awwstin View Post
                              Ya, I suppose it's just my opinion, but I just always really felt the baddass personalities of the captain, Vasquez, and Bill Paxton's character, along with the Queen fight. In Alien, the characters were fun, but bland to me. It's more of a slow burn.

But to be clear, I know that Alien is the better film. The thread title, doesn't say, best, favorite, or anything though. My favorite of the two, is Aliens, for the reasons above.

Comment

Working...
                              X