The Reptile (1966)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Reptile (1966)

Watched this Hammer horror gem last night, and I was pleasantly surprised about how good it was. Some bloke and his wife turn up to a village in Cornwall to claim the home of his recently-dead brother. He soon finds out that there's been a few similar deaths in the area, and that the 'black death' explanation the villagers throw out might simply be a cover-up to hide something weird and dangerous.

I liked this one. For one, Hammer Film's favourite barman Michael Ripper gets a major role (his biggest?) and gets to be a hero. Another is the storyline, which could have come across as a steaming pile of shit in the wrong hands. Things develop gradually and, although it dosen't quite come together neatly at the end, it's still very much worthy of your ninety minutes.
    Drink, si! Loco, si! But I tell you true... - Town Drunk: Imboca, Spain

havent seen this one. i like a lot of hammer films, so I may well have to check this one out. is there a dvd of it? If so, is it hard to find?

Comment

Shit if it's Hammer it has to be the Cat's Tuxedo.

Comment

Originally posted by whorrorific View Post
        havent seen this one. i like a lot of hammer films, so I may well have to check this one out. is there a dvd of it? If so, is it hard to find?
        Got it in the 21-disk Ultimate Hammer Collection. Had to order it in from the U.K - sixty bucks Australian but it would be cheaper than what I paid if you guys are using U.S dollars.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Ham...5447619&sr=8-1

You'd need a multi-region player though, as the disks are region 2.
        Drink, si! Loco, si! But I tell you true... - Town Drunk: Imboca, Spain

Comment

Great film and was filmed back to back with plague of the zombies, I have got it on dvd twice!

Comment

Working...
          X