The Blob (1988)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Emo-rtal Beloved View Post
    Nice to see this classic getting the praise it deserves!
    I agree. This is a top notch remake.

Comment

• I love how this one ends. Unfortunately, the first 15 min. or so resemble the throwaway intro to SHOCKER. I still give the remake a 7/10. It almost made my Halloween watch list this year.

Comment

• I was watching the original not so long ago and it made me want to see the remake so much. I loved this remake so much. The FX were great in this one!
        "It's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day."

Comment

• shawnee smith and kevin dillon have great chemistry in this flick. visuals are excellent, and the tweaks on the original are perfect. chuck russell really nailed it.

Wes Craven, RIP
          1939-2015

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
            I agree. This is a top notch remake.
            If only every remake could be like this!

She isn't a scream queen for nothing, right?

Comment

• A very good remake and a great example of using The Hero's Journey for telling the story.

Comment

• I though this was really scary when I first saw it, good movie. I'm surprised Shawnee Smith hasn't done more than this some of the Saw movies horrorwise.

Comment

• "The Blob (198 8 )......One of my fave sci-fi thrillers. Some nicely done gore, good and bad special effects(mostly good for the time), and some nice suspenseful moments. Shawnee Smith as "Meg" is so so. Her scary scene performances came off as so over the top and cheesy though. Kevin Dillon was good and Donovan Leitch was pretty solid..but killed off to early. I like the down to earth character of "Fran". Candy Clark is a standout and felt so sorry for her characters demise. Love the theatre and sewer tunnel scenes. This 80's classic remake is pretty solid!!

7/10

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                    "The Blob (198 8 )......One of my fave sci-fi thrillers. Some nicely done gore, good and bad special effects(mostly good for the time), and some nice suspenseful moments. Shawnee Smith as "Meg" is so so. Her scary scene performances came off as so over the top and cheesy though. Kevin Dillon was good and Donovan Leitch was pretty solid..but killed off to early. I like the down to earth character of "Fran". Candy Clark is a standout and felt so sorry for her characters demise. Love the theatre and sewer tunnel scenes. This 80's classic remake is pretty solid!!

7/10

Comment

• I got the dvd for only 5 bucks, and gave this a rewatch the other day, and this movie is pretty fuckin awesome. The hyper gore, and government conspiracy stuff still holds up today. Excellent screenplay by Frank Darabont, and Chuck (Nightmare on Elm Street 3) Russell. The camera shots, and score may seem a bit amateurish, at times, when compared, but the effects are great, and Kevin Dillon has charisma, as the outcast biker. Joe Seneca also plays the power hungry, mad scientist effectively. Could have done without the ending, or the silly preacher in general (a theme better explored in Darabonts own The Mist) but I still enjoyed the hell outta this movie.

Fuck it, just watch it to see everyone (kids, cops, waitresses) get their skin melted off by a giant gelatin glob.

It was interesting to notice Jeffery Demunn in this, and then realize the he and Darabont collaborated a lot over the years. This also makes a damn good feature with Slither, Night of the Creeps, The Faculty, or The Thing.

Comment

• One of the best remakes ever made. Up there with Fly and The Thing IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                          One of the best remakes ever made. Up there with Fly and The Thing IMO.
                          Truth.
                          57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                            One of the best remakes ever made. Up there with Fly and The Thing IMO.
                            Agreed

Comment

• Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
                              I got the dvd for only 5 bucks, and gave this a rewatch the other day, and this movie is pretty fuckin awesome. The hyper gore, and government conspiracy stuff still holds up today. Excellent screenplay by Frank Darabont, and Chuck (Nightmare on Elm Street 3) Russell. The camera shots, and score may seem a bit amateurish, at times, when compared, but the effects are great, and Kevin Dillon has charisma, as the outcast biker. Joe Seneca also plays the power hungry, mad scientist effectively. Could have done without the ending, or the silly preacher in general (a theme better explored in Darabonts own The Mist) but I still enjoyed the hell outta this movie.

Fuck it, just watch it to see everyone (kids, cops, waitresses) get their skin melted off by a giant gelatin glob.

It was interesting to notice Jeffery Demunn in this, and then realize the he and Darabont collaborated a lot over the years. This also makes a damn good feature with Slither, Night of the Creeps, The Faculty, or The Thing.

Comment

• "The Blob (198 8 )......One of my fave sci-fi thrillers. Some nicely done gore, good and bad special effects(mostly good for the time), and some nice suspenseful moments. Shawnee Smith as "Meg" is so so. Her scary scene performances came off as so over the top and cheesy though. Kevin Dillon(Brian) was good and Donovan Leitch(Paul) was pretty solid..but killed off to early. I like the down to earth character of "Fran". Candy Clark is a standout and felt so sorry for her characters demise. Love the theatre, town hall attack, and sewer tunnel scenes. This 80's classic remake is pretty damn solid!!

7.5/10

Comment

Working...
                                X