No announcement yet.

The Blob (1988)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's pretty good, but I still maintain that the unnecessary humor undercuts its creepiness.
    Last edited by Jack the Pin; 06-01-2013, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• Bigger fan of this one than the original

Comment

• Did anyone pick-up the limited Twilight Time blu release of this last month?

Unfortunately I didn't realize it was being released and missed out on it. It was limited to 5000. 5000!? Why bother? Copies are now going for $99.99 on Amazon. I don't get why companies do this. I get limited releases, like steel-books and shit that's different from the main release, but picking up a beloved title and giving it an extremely limited release is stupid.

I supposed I'm just pissed that I missed it and am forced spend at least twice as much (if I'm lucky) on a copy from some nerd who bought multiples to sell to losers like me at much higher price.

I really wish Scream Factory would get a hold of this to give it a proper release.
        LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

• Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
          Did anyone pick-up the limited Twilight Time blu release of this last month?

Unfortunately I didn't realize it was being released and missed out on it. It was limited to 5000. 5000!? Why bother? Copies are now going for $99.99 on Amazon. I don't get why companies do this. I get limited releases, like steel-books and shit that's different from the main release, but picking up a beloved title and giving it an extremely limited release is stupid.

I supposed I'm just pissed that I missed it and am forced spend at least twice as much (if I'm lucky) on a copy from some nerd who bought multiples to sell to losers like me at much higher price.

I really wish Scream Factory would get a hold of this to give it a proper release.
          Yeah, I picked this up but I understand your frustration. The whole limited release thing is to make things "collectable" to nerds with no sense of value. It isn't worth $99 or even half that (eventually even nothing), people are just stupid.

Someone else will release it though or they might re-release it themselves.

Comment

I bought it and I'm sorry I didn't buy two at the time. It's pretty nice too. I consider it part of a holy trinity of awesome remakes along with The Thing and The Fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
              Yeah, I picked this up but I understand your frustration. The whole limited release thing is to make things "collectable" to nerds with no sense of value. It isn't worth $99 or even half that (eventually even nothing), people are just stupid.

Someone else will release it though or they might re-release it themselves.
              Originally posted by Dr. McStuffin View Post
              I bought it and I'm sorry I didn't buy two at the time. It's pretty nice too. I consider it part of a holy trinity of awesome remakes along with The Thing and The Fly.
              Me too.

How are the extras? Is it packed, or just a high res blu release?
              LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

Me too.

Not packed really:

Isolated Score Track
                Commentary w/ Chuck Russell and Ryan Turek
                Friday Night Frights at The Cinefamily
                OG Trailer

I haven't checked them out yet.

Comment

"I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                  Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

There are very few extras, just commentary, trailers and Q&A. Haven't got round to watching it yet but I've heard it's a solid transfer.

Comment

Working...
                    X