• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N2NOther
    Originally posted by snafu
    I still like the B&W version much better
    The orginal was a color film...

I love The Blob remake...It's probably my favourite remake of all time and one of the best horror films of the 80's...Like ZC, I've always hoped for a sequel...
    I was color blind as a child.

Just once be wrong!

Comment

Great fucking remake, gore was awesome, and they contemporized the story enough so that it didn't ruin the original message, but also kept the audience engaged. Need to pick up the dvd soon, $5.99 bin at wallmart?
      Check out my blog for horror, cult, sci-fi, and any other film I feel like reviewing. The Trash Pile.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaero
        $5.99 bin at wallmart?
        That's where I got it, yep You can find some great stuff occasionally in there, like Duel to the Death, one of the best Kungfu/wuxia ninja flicks ever made. Oh yeah and Mean Guns, the Ice T and Christpher Lambert masterpiece.
        We should start our own game, where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems.

Film ratings | The DVDs

Comment

i got mine at tower, $6.99 (in case you need a back up plan)

Comment

I really liked this version. I remember watching is on a regular basis for about a month when it first came out on VHS. There were whispers in the air about a new version too which I'm not are true or not.

Comment

I bought a Region 1 version(its not available in the UK on DVD) on amazon, costing me $7 and its being shipped to me as we speak. This was one movie that scared me as a child. The whole feeling of dieing via part drowning, part being absorbed like Paul Taylor dies in that scene in the hospital messed me up GOOD. Also - I steered clear of kitchen sinks...
              I havent seen this movie in ages, but I hated it... in the sense that it freaked me out. I should get it around the 25th October and give it a watch.

Comment

Glad to see so much love for this flick. I was lucky enough to see it in theaters when it was released and it was a blast. It scared the hell out of me. I think director Chuck Russell (who also worked on Hell Night and directed A Nightmare on Elm Street 3) did a good job with it. It had good amount of suspence and the specail effects were flawless. They made a very scary and effective monster.

Comment

i agree...you people have great taste

Comment

I love The Blob remake, but I'm ashamed to say that out of the countless horror flicks I've seen, I've never watched the original.
                    "How much for a trade with my Ford? Oh, really? Thanks alot, you cheating bastard." - Charlton Heston, 'The Omega Man'

Comment

Originally posted by crazyralphus
                      I love The Blob remake, but I'm ashamed to say that out of the countless horror flicks I've seen, I've never watched the original.
                      yes the remeke is an exellent monster movie.....and i havnt seen the orginale either...did you know the orginal has an sequel called "Son of Blob" ?.....and there is a clone out there called "Thw Stuff"...i wanna see that too.......

Comment

yeah, the stuff is a little different though...one of those comedy type things with social commentary.

Comment

The Stuff was chomedy. People ate this dessert which in fact was a organism, and it kinda came up in hilairious ways....

Comment

Is it true they're making another remake? Using tonnes of crappy looking CGI, I'm sure:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433344/
                            "Did I ever tell you about the guy who taught his asshole to speak?" --Bill Lee, Naked Lunch

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...d=el_phantasmo

Comment

Originally posted by El_Phantasmo
                              Is it true they're making another remake? Using tonnes of crappy looking CGI, I'm sure:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433344/
                              Tallk about pointless. A remake of a remake? Well, they did it with Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Comment

The Blob (198 needs a SE DVD pronto!

Like a lot of you , I have the only available R1 version of The Blob remake...I watched it again the other day and the transfer sucks. Not to mention it's a bare bones DVD. Am I the only one that thinks it would benefit from an update?

Comment

Working...
                                X