No announcement yet.

The Blob (1988)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed the movie, and if they were able to throw together some decent special features and a good film transfer I would dig it.

Comment

If theirs a remake in the future our prayers may come true.

Comment

Originally posted by N2NOther
        Like a lot of you , I have the only available R1 version of The Blob remake...I watched it again the other day and the transfer sucks. Not to mention it's a bare bones DVD. Am I the only one that thinks it would benefit from an update?
        You are certainly not alone, and the film does deserve better treatment than this. But since it was a big flop at the theater, I'm just grateful the transfer is in widescreen. The last time I watched this, I finally recognized that Bill Moseley plays a bit part. "Daddy always said I was a little slow on the upchuck."
        Movie Ratings:
        Tourist Trap - 5.5/10
        Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - 7/10
        Lethal Weapon - 8/10
        The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
        The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10

Comment

It nearly broke even so I wouldn't say "big" flop and I'm sure it did well on video and subsequently on DVD....

Bill Moseley had a bit part?...Which bit?...The fucked scientist guy in the sewer?...

Comment

Like a lot of you , I have the only available R1 version of The Blob remake...I watched it again the other day and the transfer sucks. Not to mention it's a bare bones DVD. Am I the only one that thinks it would benefit from an update?
            I know we dont agree on too much but this is definitely one of those times when we do. I would love a SE and hopefully along with it, a much better transfer. Its has a bad VHS quality to it and would love to see some featurettes on special effects and such. Bill Moseley plays one of the soldiers and is credited as Soldier #2.
            Last edited by SlayerX; 04-29-2006, 12:09 AM.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

I've never seen this but if they release it, i'll buy it.
              2014 Horror Draft:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
              Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
              I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
              Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
              Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
              Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
              Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
              The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
              Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
              Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

Comment

Great flick. I own the R1 version and love it, and it cost me less than 5. I would love to see a R2 Special Edition, with info/docs on how some of the effects were done.
                A superb remake.

Comment

This movie kicks ass!!! Wheres my SE DVD fools!?!?

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by I am a HORROR movie!!!
                    I've never seen this but if they release it, i'll buy it.
                    You should get the one that's out now anyway...It's mad cheap and the movie is a must see...I only know of one person that doesn't like it but she's a lesbian and you know how they are...

Comment

...I only know of one person that doesn't like it but she's a lesbian and you know how they are...

Oh, man.. you should seen my face when she told me "It's not scary, its crap".
                      You could have shovelled shit into my mouth it was that agape.

Comment

Originally posted by SirStoneyOfBow

Oh, man.. you should seen my face when she told me "It's not scary, its crap".
                        You could have shovelled shit into my mouth it was that agape.
                        I took that risk the other day with my girlfriend...She'd never seen it...I was so stoked to show it to her and she says "If I don't like it you have to turn it off" which is hilarious because that's what she says about everything I show her and I've never had to turn anything off...

Well she liked it a lot...Which is good because I probably would have had to break up with her if she didn't...

Comment

I took that risk the other day with my girlfriend...She'd never seen it...I was so stoked to show it to her and she says "If I don't like it you have to turn it off" which is hilarious because that's what she says about everything I show her and I've never had to turn anything off...

Well she liked it a lot...Which is good because I probably would have had to break up with her if she didn't...
                          It still freaks me out to this day.
                          When you're seven years old - that movie is terrifying.
                          My friend took my copy home with him a few months back and didnt remember the basin moment. He thought that the man's arm got pulled down the plughole, not his entire top half. He just freaked out over it!

Comment

I saw this moive on one of those HBO type channels a couple of years ago.From what I remember it was a pretty violent film.And some dude gets sucked into a drain pipe or smthing like that.I would like to see it again though.Im planning on going over to Hollywood Video later on, so I will probably rent that and Cube.

Comment

I probably watch it about every 2 months. I just watched it again 2 days ago and was noticing all the scratches on the film during the dark scenes. Also, when Flagg uses the rocket launcher to open up the manhole that the truck is parked on, everything catches fire and you hear emergency vehicle sirens like they are responding to the explosion, but the only vehicle that you see is a single truck with no emergency lights on it.
                              Last edited by dub_fierce; 04-29-2006, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I bought it on dvd recently and I enjoyed it.
                                It was nice to see Shawnee Smith back in her young days.

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

Working...
                                X