No announcement yet.

Videodrome (1983)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Videodrome (1982)"......Oh man what a wierd ass movie. Not sure I totally understand all of it. It was like a whole damn dream sequence. U dont really know what was real and what was a dream/vision. But for the most part...the movie piques your curiosity and tends to make u continue to watch it. Just when I thought I knew exactly what was going on..I was thrown for a loop again. Awesome special effects and makeup,great cinematography,terrific music score, and a fine cast that delivered solid performances.

8/10
    Last edited by HorrorMovieFan; 09-29-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Great movie.

Every year at my film society, we have a film contest with prizes.

This year, I'm thinking the prizes should be a collection of great films by visionary filmmakers.

My ideas:

Videodrome, Brazil, Blue Velvet.
      54 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• I wasnít very old when I first saw this film and Iíll be honest and say I didnít get it at all back then. So Iíve just watched it again a couple of decades later and this time I found it a stunning, compelling and disturbing tour de force, which is perhaps even more relevant today than when it was made. Itís a bloody brilliant movie is it not?
        Join me in The Mortuary

Comment

• Videodrome is one of my favorite films of all time. Super creepy and actually has something to say about the world. That is a hard combination to top.

A video review show dedicated to horror cinema.

Latest BSC episode (2/22/12):
          The Gingerdead Man
          Latest BSA episode (3/21/12): The Birds vs. The Birds!
          Latest Vlog (3/27/12): The Hunger Games

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
            Watched this for the first time tonight, it was decent. I don't think I'm much of a David Cronenberg fan. My favorite movie he has done that I've seen is A History of Violence, which isn't like the others of his I've seen (Videodrome, The Fly, Naked Lunch). He is definitely creative, but his movies just aren't for me.
            Just...decent...

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

• damn good solid sci-fi thriller

(8/10)

Comment

• "Videodrome (1982)"......Oh man what a wierd ass movie! Not sure I totally understand all of it. It was like a whole damn dream sequence. U dont really know what was real and what was a dream/vision. But for the most part...the movie piques your curiosity and tends to make u continue to watch it. Only part I am sure of is "Max" descending into madness and killing himself at the end. James Woods is awesome in this movie!! Awesome special effects and makeup, great cinematography, terrific music score, and a fine cast that delivered solid performances. A darn trippy film!!

8/10

Comment

• I look forward to seeing this. It looks really Lynchian.
                  ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• I have held this movie close to me for years. Probably TOP 5 movies of all time in my collection. It's message stands to this day. I cannot get enough of it. Would love to see it on the big screen.
                    I make music and stuff.
                    BlakOPz

Comment

• I finally picked up the Criterion release on Blu not too long ago.

Amazing movie!

Comment

• Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                        I finally picked up the Criterion release on Blu not too long ago.

Amazing movie!
                        its a great release

I should watch this again.

Comment

• Great movie. James Woods was great in this.

Comment

• Incredible movie. Always gonna be in my top ten. And there's a quote from Cronenberg that really ties it together: "I see technology as being an extension of the human body...It's inevitable that it should come home to roost."
                            Subway: Devour Your Own Empty Heart

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanvoid View Post
                              Incredible movie. Always gonna be in my top ten. And there's a quote from Cronenberg that really ties it together: "I see technology as being an extension of the human body...It's inevitable that it should come home to roost."
                              Ah! that's such a perfect quote. I love this movie so much. Body horror at it's finest hour.

Comment

• Very interesting film...

8/10
                                ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X