No announcement yet.

Videodrome (1983)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• definitely in my top 5 favorite movies. 10/10 i love this one, one of the best.

Comment

• Very good movie, layered with lots to enjoy I love it.
      "I'm gonna put something in you, make the devil feel surprised".-Mazzy Star

Comment

• This movie is absolutely crazy love it! Great performance from James Woods.
        "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Comment

• Woods is rather likeable for a sleazebag. A very smart and perceptive movie which makes you think twice about switching on your TV set. The effects are fantastic and the score is very evocative.

Cronenberg is so underrated as a horror director it's painful.
          BASTARD!! BASTARD!! BASTARD!!!

Comment

• You'll never believe this, but yesterday I met Debbie Harry!

I watched Blondie perform and waited outside for Debbie to come out. She sat in her tour bus and everyone lined up with stuff to sign. Of course, I bought my Videodrome DVD for her to sign! She looked at it and said, "Oh my God! Did you like this movie?" I said, "I did!" She said, "I did too. He's great isn't he Cronenberg?" Then she held out her hand and said "nice to meet you."

It was wonderful! She's definitely the biggest celeb I've seen and she was so nice too. You didn't even have to pay to meet her! What a privilege it was to meet her.

""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
              You'll never believe this, but yesterday I met Debbie Harry!

I watched Blondie perform and waited outside for Debbie to come out. She sat in her tour bus and everyone lined up with stuff to sign. Of course, I bought my Videodrome DVD for her to sign! She looked at it and said, "Oh my God! Did you like this movie?" I said, "I did!" She said, "I did too. He's great isn't he Cronenberg?" Then she held out her hand and said "nice to meet you."

It was wonderful! She's definitely the biggest celeb I've seen and she was so nice too. You didn't even have to pay to meet her! What a privilege it was to meet her.

that is totally fucking awesome. she's still got it. bravo to you!
              2015 song draft

the cramps - surfin dead
              rob zombie - living dead girl
              public image limited - the order of death
              L7 - pretend we're dead
              michale graves - dawn of the dead
              patti smith - dead to the world
              the pixies - dead
              bukka white- fixin to di blues
              omd - forever (live and die)
              bif naked - i died

Comment

• Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                that is totally fucking awesome. she's still got it. bravo to you!
                Thank you! She has still got it. She rocked the place, although the dancing was a little offbeat haha. I feel so blessed to have met her.
                ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• This one wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. The opening here is a bit of a disappointment, as the search for the mysterious transmissions and they're addictive quality takes over overthing, a little strange in itself as there's very little in them which would warrant such an attraction in the first place, beyond a hypnotic quality to them this isn't all that interesting or even in the slightest bit horror-related. When the discovery is made about the truth to their origins, it gets a little better and a bit more interesting, especially with it's more graphic and vivid hallucinations, before really getting good in the final part where he begins hunting them down, which really earns the film the most enjoyable parts overall. It's still hard to get over the fact that the original transmissions aren't that interesting to warrant such attention to them, and the overall plan doesn't make sense, but it's still interesting enough to warrant a watch.
                  http://gorelord84.filmaf.com/

Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup?

Most people are like slinkies: not really good for anything but you can't help laughing as one falls down the stairs.

Comment

• I wasnt much of a fan when I first saw it. Over time I have become more appreciative and like it

Comment

Working...
                    X