No announcement yet.

Videodrome (1983)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if i were you dobe, i'd rent it first. it's a strange film. of course, i love it because i'm a cronenberg fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
      Sweet...I'm not huge into special features anyway.
      I dunno, that interview sounds pretty interesting to me! but yeah videodrome is pretty twisted, i'd say buy it just because it has some profoundly odd moments. one part that stands out is when this guy gets shot, and explodes into tumors that tear his body apart - it's pretty sick, you'll love it!
      myspace: thefeelofcotton

i bet you rub cotton and eggs on your dick.
      How did he know?!~

Comment

Before Miike, Videodrome was the trippiest horror movie I had ever seen.
        KITTYSAFE.NET
        Facebook | Website
        | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

Originally posted by Cotton the Egg Man View Post
          I dunno, that interview sounds pretty interesting to me! but yeah videodrome is pretty twisted, i'd say buy it just because it has some profoundly odd moments. one part that stands out is when this guy gets shot, and explodes into tumors that tear his body apart - it's pretty sick, you'll love it!
          Sounds like a bit of sex.

(I don't mean actual intercourse )

Comment

i just dont get it =(

Comment

Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
              Sounds like a bit of sex.

(I don't mean actual intercourse )
              I guess that depends on your idea of sex, intercourse, and eye rolling...

How did he know?!~

Comment

Originally posted by Cotton the Egg Man View Post
                I guess that depends on your idea of sex, intercourse, and eye rolling...
                Sex = What you and your doggy do
                Intercourse = What a man and a woman do between the sheets
                Eye-rolly = What a girl does when she is having intercourse

Comment

This film is one my favorites Cronenberg's movies as well, and a truely solid one. The first time I saw it I was pretty much like everyone, I didn't really know what was going on, I mean I had my own idea but it wasn't making any real sense. The second time though, I really enjoyed it, especially the ending! It's a strange and weird film at first, but that's the case for most of Cronenberg's films, so please give it a second try and you shouldn't regret it. I'm definitely going to buy this one.
                  No Thought Put In This.

Comment

I'm a big fan. Cronenberg has done some great work in this genre.

Comment

I saw this on a double bill with Scanners and for a 10 year old kid it was like, whoooaaa, trippy. Didn't help that my cousins were smoking weed and I was getting a contact buzz. Hell this was on cable late last night and I was amazed at how with the exception of grey hair, James Woods almost looks the same but damn did Debbie Harry age badly.
                      sigpic

Comment

It really is a freaky movie. Lots of memorable scenes. I think everyone should at least rent this film. It's not for everyone, but it's worth taking a look at.

Comment

Originally posted by DisturbedDan View Post
                          One of the greatest movies of all time.

Long Live the New Flesh!
                          Couldnt agree more. Awsome movie. Saw it at 3 in the morning and it tottaly messed with me. Gotta love the hand-gat.
                          Dallas Mavericks Basketball for Life! 41 MVP

Comment

I have always loved The Fly and after seeing A History Of Violence in the theaters, I had a renewed interest in his films. I was officially on a hunt, I picked up The Brood, Dead Zone and Videodrome. I was a little let down with it though. It might be one of the worst blind buys I've ever done, even though it was only $6 on DDD. I don't think it was up to par with the rest. Don't get me wrong the visuals were spectacular, but the plot was so damn weird I didn't know what was going on. Everyone says this film requires additional viewings to be appreciated. I guess time will tell for me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jgreed View Post
                              Everyone says this film requires additional viewings to be appreciated. I guess time will tell for me.
                              That's for sure. This was one of those movies I knew, halfway, I would be watching again. I like how the movie plays out such a ridiculous conspiracy theory, and never stops taking itself completely grim and serious.

Dobe did you watch this yet? I don't wanna sound cheesy, but have you ever looked at a dollar bill...on weeed?

How did he know?!~

Comment

I've been meaning to see this for years now, but I can't find a place to rent it. Is it worth buying?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X