• Videodrome (1983)

One of the greatest movies of all time.

Long Live the New Flesh!

I still haven't seen this movie yet

Comment

Originally posted by DisturbedDan
      One of the greatest movies of all time.

Long Live the New Flesh!
      Well if there was ever any doubt that you were in fact ite.. it's gone now.

Amazing movie, by one of my favourite directors... 2nd to argento actually. Highly recommended to thoes that actually give a fuck.
      Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

I had to watch it a second time because the first time I was so blitzed out of my skull I didn't have a clue as to what was going on. All I know is that it fucked with my head and I didn't remember much of it. The second time around it was really sweet though.

Comment

the criterion edition of the dvd is one of my favorite things i own

Comment

Originally posted by T1000416
            Check it out. It is a pretty good flick. Typical Cronnenberg. Have you seen eXistenZ? Watch Videodrome and then watch eXistenZ.

Today, I killed my best friend.

Chuck Norris likes to knit sweaters in his free time. And by "knit", I mean "kick", and by "sweaters", I mean "babies".

The DVD's

Comment

the first time i saw this movie..i said to myself wtf? and i was 17 at the time. my brother was 13 at the time and was afraid to touch or look at a videotape after he saw this movie also. i think it messed up his head really bad..one night i put a videotape under his pillow,yep 2 am the scream came. i watched because deborah harry was in blondie and wanted to see if she acts as well she sings. i was amazed she pulled it off. to say something ahead before i hope they won't,don't,and never remake this it doesn't need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by T1000416
                Yeah I havent either, maybe I will one day it dont look that apealing to me for some reason. But they say never judge a book by its cover.

Comment

I had never seen this movie and blind bought it when the Criterion edition came out. This was the only Cronenberg movie I hadn't ever gotten a chance to see. Really amazing flick. Wrote my final paper on it for one of my film classes last semester.

ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
                  +26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007

Comment

Videodrome

I bought it for $8 on sale at Best Buy about 6 months ago. I watched it once and sold it....I didn't even make a copy for myself. I just didn't care for it. However, I would be willing to give it a 2nd chance, especially the criterion edition.
                    http://bleck.dvdaf.com/owned
                    Always up for a trade...shoot me a PM!

PLATINUM TRADER (+162)

Comment

Was gonna buy it today, but $40 was a bit much for me.

Comment

the brood is still my favorite,but videodrome is a very good flick(i also really like shivers,dead zone,scanners,history,naked lunch,rapid,and the fly)...david truely is one of the great talents in film,only lynch and tsukomoto can come close to that type of horror...can't wait for i kill & london fields...and if you freaks haven't seen them i would ck out his early tv stuff & short films...
                        http://www.myspace.com/mehemfilms

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=mehem (d)

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=5&id=mehem (v)

http://cd-tracker.com/item_list_v2.a...C+title%5Fitem

Comment

So...as somebody who ha snever seen it, should I spend 20-30 bucks on the Criterion DVD or 10 bucks on the regular DVD? Is one uncut and the other cut or is it just a matter of special features and shit? Is the movie even gory or anything like that? I don't know much about it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
                            So...as somebody who ha snever seen it, should I spend 20-30 bucks on the Criterion DVD or 10 bucks on the regular DVD? Is one uncut and the other cut or is it just a matter of special features and shit? Is the movie even gory or anything like that? I don't know much about it at all.
                            I own the Criterion version..but I bought it for the special features. Mainly, the round table discussion between a young Carpenter, Cronenberg and Landis on an early 80's interview show. That was pretty cool. But as for the film itself, you couldn't go wrong by getting the regular dvd.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Girl Standing View Post
                              I own the Criterion version..but I bought it for the special features. Mainly, the round table discussion between a young Carpenter, Cronenberg and Landis on an early 80's interview show. That was pretty cool. But as for the film itself, you couldn't go wrong by getting the regular dvd.
                              Sweet...I'm not huge into special features anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X