John Carpenter's The Thing (1982)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
    Was it Se7en? Seems like the kind of thing he'd say.
    Discounting the fact that that guy apparently has 40 years on me, I'm a big fan of The Thing. Would make my top ten for the 80's.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• No, my mother's husband.

Comment

• "I know you gentlemen have been through a lot. But when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!!"
        "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Carson View Post
          "I know you gentlemen have been through a lot. But when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!!"
          That has to be the best line of the entire film!

Comment

THE THING looks and sounds AWESOME on Blu-ray! I wish the same could be said about ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK; by FAR one of the most hideous transfers I have endured! I kept my R1 dvd as it looked better! Anyhoo, I think I'm due a re-watch of THE THING soon. I even like to listen to that brilliant Carpenter / Russell commentary again and again.
            Escape From New York is coming out on blu from Scream Factory and I expect nothing but the best. Those guys put out the best work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
              Escape From New York is coming out on blu from Scream Factory and I expect nothing but the best. Those guys put out the best work.
              aw, mate... I hope so! Thin is, I just hope it will be a 'region free' release as I am here in the UK and don't have a multi-region player. Do you know if the Scream Factory blu-rays are 'region locked'? I dunno, might be a case of the special features and restoration etc. being done by Scream Factory but released by a different label in the UK. Or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwally View Post
                That has to be the best line of the entire film!
                Ha Ha Ha! Great line

Comment

aw, mate... I hope so! Thin is, I just hope it will be a 'region free' release as I am here in the UK and don't have a multi-region player. Do you know if the Scream Factory blu-rays are 'region locked'? I dunno, might be a case of the special features and restoration etc. being done by Scream Factory but released by a different label in the UK. Or something.
                  Unfortunately I think their releases are U.S./can only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                    Unfortunately I think their releases are U.S./can only.
                    Yeah, I looked it up and they are indeed region-locked. WHICH SUCKS!

Dammit. EFNY is one of my all time favourites! I have that two-disc special edition dvd that MGM did some years ago and that's decent enough. There was a UK blu-ray a few years produced here by a group called Optimum but man... it was by far the single WORST transfer I have ever seen - looked like a VHS-taped-off-TV copy! well, hopefully SOMEONE like ARROW may pick up EFNY for us Blighty Fanboys.

Comment

[COLOR="Lime"]Yeah, I looked it up and they are indeed region-locked. WHICH SUCKS!
                      Pick up a region free player. I'm in AUS and all their discs play fine for me on my player.

Comment

• http://www.horrorsociety.com/2015/04...s-passed-away/

R.I.P. Richard Dysart
                        Last edited by Bill Carson; 04-09-2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• man, toughfor character actors as of late. rip, richard. thanks for the many, many years of entertainment.

Wes Craven, RIP
                          1939-2015

Comment

Working...
                          X