John Carpenter's The Thing (1982)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreddysRevenge1428 View Post
    I loved this movie, I have to say that i liked the original better. That being said John carpenter is the only one who could have remade this movie, and make it badass as it is.

And to whover said braindead was their favorite movie... Hell ya that movie rocks!
    Not really a remake. In name only, like The Fly.

Is he going to lose both bones?

Comment

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
      A shape shifting alien, Kurt Russell, John Carpenter and some of the best special effects ever seen in a horror film, even by today's standards.

What's not to love ?
      Some of the best effect work in ANY film in my opinion.
      "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
      Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
      My little idiot..

Comment

Anyone know of any flicks with creature FX resembling the ones in The Thing?

Comment

Originally posted by oxley View Post
          Some of the best effect work in ANY film in my opinion.
          The best FX work in a horror film IMO.
          Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
            http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001964/

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
              Creature effects wise I'd say Pumpkinhead matches it. Winston must have put his all in that, same goes with the Alien Queen. But The Thing seems to have it's own "style" that no other film I've seen and can think of has.
              "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
              My little idiot..

Comment

Creature effects wise I'd say Pumpkinhead matches it. Winston must have put his all in that, same goes with the Alien Queen. But The Thing seems to have it's own "style" that no other film I've seen and can think of has.
                Winston worked on The Thing also.

Comment

Originally posted by indecent actions View Post
                  Winston worked on The Thing also.
                  I don't think I was aware of that, doesn't surprise me in the least anyway.

My little idiot..

Comment

Bottin was exhausted working on the film and Winston came in to help. He did most of the work in the dog cage sequence.
                    Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

He did some of the scene's with the dogs in the cage (I'm pretty sure)because Bottin was suffering from sleep deprivation.

Both of them rocked that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
                        Bottin was exhausted working on the film and Winston came in to help. He did most of the work in the dog cage sequence.
                        Beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
                          He did some of the scene's with the dogs in the cage (I'm pretty sure)because Bottin was suffering from sleep deprivation.
                          I've never looked at dogs the same way since that scene.
                          That, is also one of the best in the film. I wasn't aware they worked that scene together.

Both of them rocked that shit.

I'll fucking drink to that!!!!!

My little idiot..

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofhorror View Post
                            it's Braindead AKA Dead Alive.
                            can't hate.

Comment

To me, The Thing is about as perfect of a horror film as you can find. Great atmosphere, compelling story, great ensemble cast, low-key score, and some of the best effects (if not the best) ever put on screen. There's nothing I would change about it. It holds up incredibly well, and has aged fairly well for a nearly 30 year old film.

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post
                                To me, The Thing is about as perfect of a horror film as you can find. Great atmosphere, compelling story, great ensemble cast, low-key score, and some of the best effects (if not the best) ever put on screen. There's nothing I would change about it. It holds up incredibly well, and has aged fairly well for a nearly 30 year old film.
                                Damn...it really has been almost a 30 yr. old film. And for the movie to still be fresh to this day is truly amazing.

Agree with everything you said.

The 80s really did have some of the greatest horror films.

Comment

Working...
                                X