John Carpenter's The Thing (1982)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cemetery_Man View Post
    You have to type in "John Carpenter's The Thing" when using the search function.

Right here is the thread for The Thing (1982) that isn't locked which was started at the beginning of last year:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/leg...ad.php?t=59196
    There we go, I did search and found nothing tho, some mod can merge them sooner or later tho.
    I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
      There we go, I did search and found nothing tho, some mod can merge them sooner or later tho.
      You typed in John Carpenter's name beside the movie title? because that's what I had to do to get the thread for this movie to show up. I can't believe the original thread for the movie got locked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cemetery_Man View Post
        You typed in John Carpenter's name beside the movie title? because that's what I had to do to get the thread for this movie to show up. I can't believe the original thread for the movie got locked.
        I think the previous generation of mods used to lock threads if they were too old and hadn't been used for awhile. There was no Night of the Living Dead thread for a long time either. Weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
          I think the previous generation of mods used to lock threads if they were too old and hadn't been used for awhile. There was no Night of the Living Dead thread for a long time either. Weird.
          My Ricky Gervais thread is gone too.....Booourns..........

Comment

• Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
            My Ricky Gervais thread is gone too.....Booourns..........
            That was more recent though wasn't it? I think that may have been a victim of the site changeover.

Comment

• Local small theather is having a midnight showing of "The Thing," this Friday. Hoping to go. I've seen it over dozen times, but never on a big screen.
              Last edited by ladynos; 01-01-2013, 06:39 AM.
              "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
              H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

• This is one of them films that I find myself constantly re-watching, its easily the greatest remake and I just love the atmosphere and setting .... 10/10!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by klownz666 View Post
                  This is one of them films that I find myself constantly re-watching, its easily the greatest remake and I just love the atmosphere and setting .... 10/10!!!!

Comment

• I bought this steelbook a year or so ago for £8 and just seen that it's selling these days for £50-60. Weird.

And I got it in its shrink wrapping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                      I bought this steelbook a year or so ago for £8 and just seen that it's selling these days for £50-60. Weird.

And I got it in its shrink wrapping.

Looks fantastic!
                      I need to upgrade. Was the transfer to blu pretty decent?

Comment

• Originally posted by gwally View Post
                        Looks fantastic!
                        I need to upgrade. Was the transfer to blu pretty decent?
                        That's the thing, I haven't taken it out it's original shrink wrapping so haven't watched it. But seeing as it's worth a bit of money now I don't really wanna unwrap it .

Might have to buy it again on standard edition Blu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                          That's the thing, I haven't taken it out it's original shrink wrapping so haven't watched it. But seeing as it's worth a bit of money now I don't really wanna unwrap it .

Might have to buy it again on standard edition Blu.
                          Yeah, I wasn't sure if maybe you had another copy.
                          Keep it in the shrinkwrap!

Comment

• Not everyone appreciates this film!

I just had an argument with an older person (60-ish) who belittled Carpenter's The Thing as - and I'm quoting - "a cheap knock off of The Thing from another World". My initial reaction was that I should immediately murder him, but I'm not cut-out for a life inside. So I argued the merits of the film, how it was more faithful to the original short story, how it created a sense of dread and paranoia that so many horror films miss, that it is one of the golden standards of practical effects, that it is generally considered one of the best horror films of all time, etc. etc.

All to no avail, as he remained unconvinced and call it "stupid". Should I kill this person?

Comment

• THE THING looks and sounds AWESOME on Blu-ray! I wish the same could be said about ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK; by FAR one of the most hideous transfers I have endured! I kept my R1 dvd as it looked better! Anyhoo, I think I'm due a re-watch of THE THING soon. I even like to listen to that brilliant Carpenter / Russell commentary again and again.
                              "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

• Originally posted by MRM81 View Post
                                I just had an argument with an older person (60-ish) who belittled Carpenter's The Thing as - and I'm quoting - "a cheap knock off of The Thing from another World". My initial reaction was that I should immediately murder him, but I'm not cut-out for a life inside. So I argued the merits of the film, how it was more faithful to the original short story, how it created a sense of dread and paranoia that so many horror films miss, that it is one of the golden standards of practical effects, that it is generally considered one of the best horror films of all time, etc. etc.

All to no avail, as he remained unconvinced and call it "stupid". Should I kill this person?
                                Was it Se7en? Seems like the kind of thing he'd say.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
                                2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
                                3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
                                4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
                                5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
                                6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
                                7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
                                8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
                                9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
                                10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment