No announcement yet.

Near Dark (1987)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't like it. Haven't seen it in years. So many people like this film, I'll give it another watch soon. Maybe I missed something.

Comment

• This is one of those movies that I own and have watched once, but never felt the urge to watch it again.

My first impression: Just ok.

The blood transfusion angle didn't sit well with me (felt like a forced happy ending). I remember thinking it was damn risky to be driving around during the day in that RV. What if they broke down or got pulled over?

I thought it was an original idea that they didn't have fangs.

I'll have to give it another viewing.

Comment

• Awesome movie and love the Tangerine Dream score.

Comment

• Having seen it around for years and years and hearing lots about it, i went out on a whim a couple months ago and bought it.

Its a pretty damn awesome film. Yes the ending was a bit weak but overall its great. Loved the shootout. Shame its so underrated.
          Check out my movie Blog http://wildcinemamoviereviews.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

• This is definitely one of my favorite vampire films. I agree with other contributors that the ending was bad; however, the acting was fantastic. Bill Paxton was particularly effective and frightening. Unlike other films, it did not romantize vampirism and scenes like the bar massacre have become classic. It seems that a number of the actors in this film also appeared in Aliens, likely due to the connection between Bigelow and Cameron.

Comment

• I rewatched this because of a Fright Rags shirt release and it's still so cool. That bar scene with Paxton and his spurs is just beautiful. I had a hard time rooting for the main character, because I wanted the family to win. Paxton and Lance would've easily won that fight.

Comment

• OMG....been years since I seen this. I seen it on bluray last week for $8 I think. Hope I can still get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                  OMG....been years since I seen this. I seen it on bluray last week for $8 I think. Hope I can still get it.
                  Enjoy the lovely Twilight-esque cover.

Haven't watched this in a while, not since Kathryn Bigelow hit it big and started winning awards. Gonna have to take another look soon...

Comment

• Love this movie. It's a total sleeper, and is only getting the recognition it deserves now. It shattered all the vampire conventions, but did it in a way that was inoffensive to purists. It's as groundbreaking within the genre as the novels of Anne Rice, and it's a hell of alot less boring.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X