No announcement yet.

Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can be slow at times but overall I really liked this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
      Anton was the "technical advisor"...those are real Satanic chants in the movie.
      He was also the Devil's eyes.

Here's a list of things that I find strange about this movie.

1.It begins at the very spot John Lennon was later shot!
      2.Actual blood(Farrow's)is taken.
      3.A lamb is cooked and eaten.
      4.Mia Farrow's marriage ended during the filming.
      5.The Pope is in town when Satan is raised.
      6.The Pope,JFK and Jackie Kennedy are present at the ritual...or is it all a dream?
      7.The author's name(IRA LEVIN) is an anagram for EVIL IRAN.
      8.The wedding ring on Mia's hand is removed before she's raped. Was this filmed before or after her marriage ended?
      9.Rosemary has a sad little dream of her beautiful baby. This was never to be. The following year Polanski's baby boy was ripped out of his wife's womb and slaughtered...by devil worshippers.
      10.When Rosemary remembers the Devil's eyes at the end,the eyes are shown as she screams "GOD".
      11.Rome is the home of the supposed first antichrist...the Satanist's name in the book is Roman...so is the Director's.
      12.Sharon Tate was reported telling a friend "Lucifer is a beautiful being" a year before her murder.
      13.The camera moves down to show the baby at the end,but chooses to go out the window to reveal New York City....and the lullabye on the soundtrack is apparantly for US.

Blood... a slaughtered lamb...destruction of marriage...murder.... a slaughtered baby....a director that has to flee the country...politicians...the Pope...real rituals...there's something going on with this movie...

As for it being "slow"...well Polanski wanted it to be as realistic as possible so that people would believe.
      Life is NOT quick cuts and action...anyway,it's sort of an "unfolding mystery"...every scene is important.
      It became the highest grossing horror movie of all time(until "The Exorcist") and the first to be nominated for "Best Screenplay"...it won "Best Supporting Actress" for Ruth Gordon.
      And there is a VERY bloody scene in it,not to mention Horror's first full-frontal nude scene.
      you are the fuckin man Bio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
        7.The author's name(IRA LEVIN) is an anagram for EVIL IRAN.
        What does Iran have to do with Rosemary's Baby? And anagrams mean nothing, they're purely coincidence.

9.Rosemary has a sad little dream of her beautiful baby. This was never to be. The following year Polanski's baby boy was ripped out of his wife's womb and slaughtered...by devil worshippers.
        Charles Manson and his followers were in no way, shape, or form devil worshippers. That is incredibly false.

12.Sharon Tate was reported telling a friend "Lucifer is a beautiful being" a year before her murder.
        Again, Sharon Tate was NOT murdered by satanists, so I'm not sure why this is interesting.

Comment

Classic, total classic.
          According to IMDB, they're planning a remake set for 2010.
          "Oh God..."
          "God is dead! Satan lives!"

Comment

Originally posted by stewietantrum View Post
            Classic, total classic.
            According to IMDB, they're planning a remake set for 2010.
            "Oh God..."
            "God is dead! Satan lives!"
            Check this out.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...emary%27s+Baby

Comment

Originally posted by SOniC_DeATh_MonKEY View Post
              Good call. Should've investigated a bit more, I guess... but to be honest, I was kind of hoping it would be another movie that never got off the ground. Thanks for ruining my false sense of hope.

Comment

Originally posted by xfearbefore View Post
                What does Iran have to do with Rosemary's Baby? And anagrams mean nothing, they're purely coincidence.

Charles Manson and his followers were in no way, shape, or form devil worshippers. That is incredibly false.

Again, Sharon Tate was NOT murdered by satanists, so I'm not sure why this is interesting.
                Everyword that Biohazard says is true!!!! trust me bud!!!! (you ain't wanna bark up that tree boy)
                he'll put you to bed, you don't wanna go to bed early do ya????

Comment

Originally posted by stewietantrum View Post
                  Thanks for ruining my false sense of hope.
                  I do what I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Beamer View Post
                    Everyword that Biohazard says is true!!!! trust me bud!!!! (you ain't wanna bark up that tree boy)
                    he'll put you to bed, you don't wanna go to bed early do ya????
                    What the fuck are you talking about?

Charles Manson was in no way a Satanist. Neither were the members of his cult that killed Sharon Tate. Really not an arguable point unless you want to be embarassed.

Comment

Excellent movie.

"It's the sense of touch. In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something."

-Crash

Comment

This movie was ok, I know the love scene with her and the devil was pretty trippy. Although I must say some parts of the film were just downright boring.

Comment

Originally posted by zombiX View Post
                          This movie was ok, I know the love scene with her and the devil was pretty trippy. Although I must say some parts of the film were just downright boring.
                          Agreed.
                          Its still one of my favorite books/movies though.

Goodness gracious! Great balls of fire!

Comment

Gorgeous film. Pitch perfect script.
                            www.HorrorCon-the-movie.com

Comment

i have to addmit i had never seen this movie up until a month or so ago when i baught it. and after i watched it i was kicking myself for never seeing it before. its a true masterpiece and completely timeless. i was indulged in the story. a movie hadnt made me feel that way in a long time. great movie!

www.myspace.com/kyleslack

http://zombieundead.dvdaf.com/owned

LAST 5 DVDS BOUGHT

-Hellraiser Puzzle cube box set
                              -Toxic Avenger box set
                              -They Live
                              -Night of the creep
                              -Zombieland

Comment

It seems slower to me now, than when I first saw it, but I always liked Cassevettes in most anything, so it's always a good watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X