Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    "Rosemary's Baby"........A wonderful 60's classic thriller. Fine cast....some terrific performances...wierd and yet chilling music...and a terrific screenplay. Mia Farrow was 80% hit for me and 20% miss. I found her very ditzy and "slow" looking/acting in the early part of the movie. But for the most part she was great,especially with the dramatic and suspenseful moments. To this day I am still on the fence whether or not she should have been Oscar nominated. Ruth Gordon(Minnie) was a complete scene stealer. A total supporting actress and an Oscar winner too for it. John Cassavetes as "Guy" was terrific ...as was Sidney Blackmer as "Roman". They should have been Supporting Actors nominees. Will never forget seeing those evil eyes of "Satan" during the sex scene. Yuck!! Rosemary's Baby is a classic chiller and one of the alltime best.

    10/10

    Comment


    • #77
      no he is not

      he just advised the producers. lavey is in devils rain

      Comment


      • #78
        This movie is perfect in my opinion.

        Comment


        • #79
          I haven't seen this movie in awhile, but my 15 year old self at the time didn't like the movie, found it to be boring and slow. I might appreciate it more now that I'm older and more into scary movies.

          This movie does remind of The Omen, though. Another horror classic, one that I love.

          Sincerely,
          XBrideofChuckyX
          Last edited by XBrideofChuckyX; 03-18-2011, 12:51 AM.

          Comment


          • #80
            I like this movie even though I thought Mia Farrow's character acted dumb as shit at times.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by pixie06 View Post
              I like this movie even though I thought Mia Farrow's character acted dumb as shit at times.
              LOL..yep

              Comment


              • #82
                bumping this up because there was so much talk about it last night.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by E.V. Suicide View Post
                  re: The Astronaut's Wife]
                  Oo shit really?? I'm gonna have to look into that was it any good?
                  Yep, I'll join the chorus and recommend it. From what I remember of it, it's one of those slow, subtle paranoia-style movies. Without spoiling it, it's basically about astronaut Johnny Depp who, having returned from his latest space mission, starts behaving... differently. Or does he? Is his wife imagining it, or is he now something... unhuman? Muwahahahahaaaaaa...

                  It's not brilliant, but it's certainly worth watching. I must have liked it at the time, because I ended up buying the DVD. (Not that that's a recommendation in itself, as I own a ton of terrible shit on disc ).
                  Mayhem. In a boilersuit.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    "Rosemary's Baby"......A wonderful 60's classic thriller. A fine cast, some terrific performances, both weird and chilling music, great directing, and a terrific screenplay highlight the film. Mia Farrow(Rosemary) is hit and miss for me. I found her very ditzy and "slow" looking and acting in the early part of the movie and great in other scenes, especially with the dramatic and suspenseful moments. To this day I am still on the fence whether or not she should have been Oscar nominated. Ruth Gordon(Minnie) was a complete over the top and campy scene stealer. A total supporting actress and an Oscar winner too for it. John Cassavetes as "Guy" is terrific as is Sidney Blackmer as "Roman". They should have been Supporting Actors nominees. Will never forget seeing those evil eyes of "Satan" during the rape scene. Yuck!! Rosemary's Baby is a classic chiller and one of the alltime best.

                    10/10

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                      "Rosemary's Baby"......A wonderful 60's classic thriller. A fine cast, some terrific performances, both weird and chilling music, great directing, and a terrific screenplay highlight the film. Mia Farrow(Rosemary) is hit and miss for me. I found her very ditzy and "slow" looking and acting in the early part of the movie and great in other scenes, especially with the dramatic and suspenseful moments. To this day I am still on the fence whether or not she should have been Oscar nominated. Ruth Gordon(Minnie) was a complete over the top and campy scene stealer. A total supporting actress and an Oscar winner too for it. John Cassavetes as "Guy" is terrific as is Sidney Blackmer as "Roman". They should have been Supporting Actors nominees. Will never forget seeing those evil eyes of "Satan" during the rape scene. Yuck!! Rosemary's Baby is a classic chiller and one of the alltime best.

                      10/10
                      the guy who plays the doctor is also a great addition to the movie

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        James Wong writing Rosemary's Baby 4 Hour mini-series for NBC.

                        Can't say I'm too interested myself as the original is perfect and doesn't need to be expanded upon. James Wong doesn't seem to do subtle either.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                          James Wong writing Rosemary's Baby 4 Hour mini-series for NBC.

                          Can't say I'm too interested myself as the original is perfect and doesn't need to be expanded upon. James Wong doesn't seem to do subtle either.
                          Meh, If it gets good reviews I'll watch it, if it doesn't than I wont.

                          Best case we get a show on the level of Hannibal, worst case we get Sleepy Hollow. Either way It wont effect the brilliance of the source material.


                          Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

                            End life.
                            A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by oxley View Post
                              NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

                              End life.
                              You don't have to watch it.


                              Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Looks like Zoe Saldana (Avatar, Star Trek, that random movie with Bradley Cooper) will play Rosemary in the mini-series.

                                http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...-baby/4379843/

                                Great choice IMO.


                                Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                                I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X